PDA

View Full Version : Random Killings



GPNM
07-16-2007, 07:17 PM
So according to the interview with Patrice, we won't be able to kill anyone we want to.
Now, what I'm wondering is whether or not, if we push someone enough times, will they become hostile towards us or not.

chewie1890
07-16-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm not really sure what he was talking about when he said that, because in that video where they did the twenty minute escape video it showed him killing random civilians.

Maybe he meant they just don't have the glow thing around them when you're not targeting them. I know he was saying they put the glow around some people because you had to know they were important, that could be it but I'm just not sure.

To the main question, according to Jade all the AI are unique, so some people will become hostile, and maybe even some other people who are watching will attack you to try and get you to stop.

GPNM
07-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
I'm not really sure what he was talking about when he said that, because in that video where they did the twenty minute escape video it showed him killing random civilians.

Maybe he meant they just don't have the glow thing around them when you're not targeting them. I know he was saying they put the glow around some people because you had to know they were important, that could be it but I'm just not sure.

To the main question, according to Jade all the AI are unique, so some people will become hostile, and maybe even some other people who are watching will attack you to try and get you to stop.
Well was it a civilian actually?
I thought he killed a guard.

I hope you're right with your assumptions though.
I really do.

chewbacca112
07-16-2007, 07:34 PM
It's rather difficult to say

chewie1890
07-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Yea I'm quite positive. I remember watching him go up behind him and switchblade him in the back and thinking "Geeze, this guys pretty cruel..."

Atheist2012
07-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Assuming you can kill civilians, will they respawn? Or can a city be made a ghost town? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

HorTyS
07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
i don't think you can kill random civilians, but there are specific people in the crowds that you can kill. basically, from what i can tell from the vids & interviews, there will be specific civilians in the crowd that you can target & lock on to, and anyone you can lock onto can be killed...

Lordgrunty11
07-16-2007, 09:33 PM
according to this hands-on demo (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/joystiq-hands-on-assassins-creed/) by joystiq it says that they killed a random woman in the crowd to distract the guards. (Third paragraph)

StealthShottz
07-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Ummm, people yes you can. In many vids it showed him knifing random civilians in the back and it also has been confirmed that you can swing your sword anytime you want. So if you are close to a civilian and swing your sword, he/she will die.

Another thing is that he can push civilians to the ground. That was just an attack with his bare hands, if he had a weapon it would have killed them. Jade I believe has also said that you can kill random civilians but it may not be a good idea.

moqqy
07-17-2007, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by StealthShottz:
Ummm, people yes you can. In many vids it showed him knifing random civilians in the back and it also has been confirmed that you can swing your sword anytime you want. So if you are close to a civilian and swing your sword, he/she will die.

Another thing is that he can push civilians to the ground. That was just an attack with his bare hands, if he had a weapon it would have killed them. Jade I believe has also said that you can kill random civilians but it may not be a good idea.


yepp. and since some civilians will attack you after you push them/do something else they dont like, you can attack them

SloppyCracker
07-17-2007, 07:49 AM
I wanna eye-stabby ( http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) a child... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Mulle_DK13
07-17-2007, 07:56 AM
There are not childrens in AC! Or any other game rated anything else than 7+

SloppyCracker
07-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Mulle_DK13:
There are not childrens in AC! Or any other game rated anything else than 7+

Well... too bad.

deskpe
07-17-2007, 08:16 AM
kids would be cool, even if you couldn't kill em, but kill the parents and see the kid start crying or something haha

SloppyCracker
07-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Lol: I killed your mommy... *childish and weird voice* nene ne nene ne, nene ne nene ne...

SCARFACE_47
07-17-2007, 08:52 AM
mommy mommy what does this strange man with the hood on your back? mommy? momy? mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deskpe
07-17-2007, 08:57 AM
LMAO^ ok i feel bad for the kids now

Originally posted by Mulle_DK13:
There are not childrens in AC! Or any other game rated anything else than 7+

fable[16+] and fable 2 has kids....

moqqy
07-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by deskpe:
kids would be cool, even if you couldn't kill em, but kill the parents and see the kid start crying or something haha

you're sick.

GPNM
07-17-2007, 09:01 AM
I believe that Fallout 2 had kids.

deskpe
07-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deskpe:
kids would be cool, even if you couldn't kill em, but kill the parents and see the kid start crying or something haha

you're sick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're boring http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

[would be sicker to kill the kids]

SloppyCracker
07-17-2007, 11:02 AM
[would be sicker to kill the kids]

Well, it would be the sickest if you'd eye-stabby them, rape them and burn them while you laugh in their faces...

SCARFACE_47
07-17-2007, 11:04 AM
yes but if you eyestab them they won´t see it anymore
i prefer the good old methods
but off the nose
the NOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEE

SloppyCracker
07-17-2007, 11:07 AM
But what if you only eye-stabby one eye and force them to watch

Wildeyedjokr
07-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Mulle_DK13:
There are not childrens in AC! Or any other game rated anything else than 7+
Dang...i wanted to jump off a building and use the parents as the haycart.

SloppyCracker
07-17-2007, 11:18 AM
That... would be awesome!