PDA

View Full Version : will not run crashes to desk top

Gary.teague
10-29-2005, 11:09 PM
All drivers and bios up to date, all patches to program installed, any suggestions ?

Chrystine
10-29-2005, 11:31 PM

Hi Gary, & welcome to the Forum.
..Sorry for the reason which brings your first Post, notwithstanding.

It may help if you run Dxdiag, €œPrint€ it (to *.txt file) then copy & paste that here.
Also, I imagine you have run the Silent Hunter III Detection Tool? All passed?

Best,
~ C.

AO1_AW_SW_USN
10-30-2005, 02:58 AM
Let's start from scratch. What is your system specifications?

Do you have enough RAM to play the game?

Did you buy the CD or DVD-ROM version?

What Video Card are you using?

Fill us all in, and this multi-national community will stand-by to assist you in every way possiable!

macker33
10-30-2005, 03:17 AM
It happaned to me the other day and i think it was something to do with the mouse(???)

AO1_AW_SW_USN
10-30-2005, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by macker33:
It happaned to me the other day and i think it was something to do with the mouse(???)

... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

The Mouse?

That's a new one to me.

Chrystine
10-30-2005, 05:12 AM

..Can also start with the most typical €˜fix€ for CTD€s - by lowering your Audio Acceleration a notch.
If it still CTD€s €" lower it another notch and keep repeating until either it still CTD€s with Audio Acceleration completely off, or it stops the CTD€s.

If completely off and still CTD€s, obviously, we€ll be looking for another cause.

If your SH III is a clean / fresh Install, you€ve patched to 1.4b, all your BIOS, Video and Audio Drivers are up to date, you€ve not installed any Mods (particularly while on Patrol), and your System has DX 9.0 or higher (with no CODEC conflicts from an installation of DX 10.0) €" best guess is your PC has integrated MoBo/Audio, and that lowering Audio Acceleration will stop the CTD€s.

€˜Best guess€ €" but still a guess.

Best,
~ C.

macker33
10-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by AO1_AW_SW_USN:

... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

The Mouse?

That's a new one to me.

As it turned out it was the save that got corrupted,I've just been shovelling in mods and assumed there was some tga missing or something,

TASKFORCE1x1
10-31-2005, 02:06 AM
Even the motherboard chipset up to date? I had a problem wherre using my ASUS mb I had to update winXP with the latest motherboard chipset drivers. Although using no driver may still make my video appear to work, you may experience crashing if you didnt update the MB driver. Likewise also update to the latest video driver.

Did you clean out your fans. I know from experience that if you have dust clogging the fans especially the CPU that you will crash quicker especially when the PC is trying to run most any sim that requires heavy math calculations.