PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or are Nobleman kills hilarious?

E-Zekiel
02-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't know about you guys but, while I don't play as the nobleman often, when I play as him or get killed by him, I just about always laugh when he kills his target.

Most of the time it's just various flavors of slapping someone upside the head so hard that they fall over dead. Especially from behind.

Then there's the one where they come up from the front and just lift the target up by the throat and choke them...reminds me of Vader.

I just find them hilarious.

i2eign_DoVVn
02-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Stuns are kinda funny too, no one likes getting back-handed by the ugliest character on the game, just sayin lol

Naeddyr
02-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Most of the time it's just various flavors of slapping someone upside the head so hard that they fall over dead. Especially from behind.

With a hook, mind. That's gotta hurt.

It's nice that there's a bit of flavour difference between the different templars.

DeanOMiite
02-05-2011, 02:47 PM
The nobleman IS hilarious, though I hate him. My favorite animation of his is when you scroll through chracters pregame...most of them do something cool like the prowler plays with his hidden blade or the hellequin juggles her daggers...but the nobleman makes this awkward stab like a 10 year old kid trying to irritate a bee hive. it's ridiculous.

yuanxd
02-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I laugh more with blacksmith's brute kills. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Naeddyr
02-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
...but the nobleman makes this awkward stab like a 10 year old kid trying to irritate a bee hive. it's ridiculous.

He's probably adjusting his prosthesis.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

E-Zekiel
02-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Lol his animations when selecting him are funny... I like the one where he just kinda does little mock-swipes twice.

Every other character is like LOOK AT MY AWESOME WEAPON OR HOW AWESOME I AM and how I fiddle with it!

Nobleman is just like

Eeeh! I have uh clawww!

Oh and if you actually pick him, he tries to hide his claw like "What? No claw here..."

Orobas88
02-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I have to admit that the one where he just clubs the target in head with his claw looks funny (I think it's a high profile?), though I'm sometimes annoyed when it happens to me because it's so undignified for the target.

E-Zekiel
02-05-2011, 03:53 PM
It's not high profile, cause I just did it while low profile on a target trying to hide in a crowd about 15 min ago http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

MonsterJunkese
02-05-2011, 03:54 PM
I think hes baddass even more than the exocutioner i think the exocutioner should knee his target put them on the floor and cut thier head of

PryingTuna85649
02-05-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm totally going to choose the Nobleman tonight. I haven't paid too much attention to his kill animations, but seeing him hobble around the different beautiful maps always makes me laugh.

StarScream391
02-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Lol I like nobleman, I don't see why people hate him..

E-Zekiel
02-05-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't hate him, he was just never for me...but he gets a cool feather in his hat. I think I'll put him into my usual Officer/Prowler/Smuggler rotation.

DoctorEurope
02-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Lol they are pretty amazing. My favorite is when my target is running at me and I kill him and the animation is basically me just b**** slapping him with the hook.

Grygier
02-05-2011, 09:05 PM
he is my favorite guy... i like using the weird characters =P

NoodleS00P
02-05-2011, 09:50 PM
I love using the nobleman, he's such a pimp. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

E-Zekiel
02-05-2011, 10:36 PM
I think I might have helped inspire a new wave of Nobleman players XD

XxCyanidexX
02-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I like to watch him kill people it is pretty funny. Is it just my tv or does his robotic hand look half the size of his normal one.

PryingTuna85649
02-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I played the Nobleman tonight. Didn't really think the kill animations were funny, but I still laugh at his wobble. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

XxCyanidexX
02-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by PryingTuna85649:
I played the Nobleman tonight. Didn't really think the kill animations were funny, but I still laugh at his wobble. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I think all that fur weighs him down.

E-Zekiel
02-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by PryingTuna85649:

The sound is part of it too. Sounds like somebody beat somebody else over the head with a big Transformer toy.

BeCk41
02-06-2011, 05:01 AM
He's supposed to look bada**, I think he does pretty well for the ONLY character with a claw for a hand. When I'm tired of choosing the same old personas I'll pick that dude, and prance around with a gimp for the entire match. It's pretty embarrassing when you see that guy get u. It's more like; "Really? HE got me? Who picks this guy anyway???" The answer is... Only the cool people!!! The same goes for the Footpad, the Butcher, the Priest and Gimli! All fairy underpicked characters, unless people run out of time and are forced to pick them! ; )

PryingTuna85649
02-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Yeah, maybe it's not good to laugh at the limp, but still. After reading the other responses since my post, I'm gonna play with him some more. Hehe.

PryingTuna85649
02-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

The sound is part of it too. Sounds like somebody beat somebody else over the head with a big Transformer toy.

BEST. DESCRIPTION. EVER!

Tragic_Jonson
02-06-2011, 06:54 AM
I think there should be a really loud comical 'DONK!' sound when he smacks someone around the back of the head.. maybe even an animated word a la the old school batman show with Adam West..

Serrachio
02-06-2011, 06:59 AM
It's ironic that this thread popped up, because I used to rage non-stop about how I hated the Nobleman.

Then, yesterday I played with him for the first time in a while and loved it. He's my new favourite character, seconded by the Harlequin if he gets picked.

I do think his face needs some adjustments, lengthen his right sleeve to be in proportion to his fur and they need to straighten his back out a bit (because when it says deformed in mind and body, I think the forearm missing covers the body part), but other than that, he's okay.

It's funny too, because I was looking for a signature character to play as, because Squiddish has the Harlequin, Shenmue has the Prowler/Smuggler, Zoidberg has the Executioner, and Rainie has the Thief, and I tried the Engineer and he didn't quite suit me.

Also, just a quick question, how do I edit my signature? I'd like to add my XBL Gamertag and maybe have a few forum players to play against me.

BeCk41
02-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
It's ironic that this thread popped up, because I used to rage non-stop about how I hated the Nobleman.

Then, yesterday I played with him for the first time in a while and loved it. He's my new favourite character, seconded by the Harlequin if he gets picked.

I do think his face needs some adjustments, lengthen his right sleeve to be in proportion to his fur and they need to straighten his back out a bit (because when it says deformed in mind and body, I think the forearm missing covers the body part), but other than that, he's okay.

It's funny too, because I was looking for a signature character to play as, because Squiddish has the Harlequin, Shenmue has the Prowler/Smuggler, Zoidberg has the Executioner, and Rainie has the Thief, and I tried the Engineer and he didn't quite suit me.

Also, just a quick question, how do I edit my signature? I'd like to add my XBL Gamertag and maybe have a few forum players to play against me.

*Haha that same thing happend to me- I used to just hate playing the Barber, then as I was winning Wanted games with him nonstop I was really liking him ?

*Also <span class="ev_code_RED">Serrachio</span> to edit your signature, you go over to your profile-edit integrated profile @ the right hand top and scroll down to where it says signatures, should be below avatar. Hope that helps ; )

MonsterJunkese
02-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by BeCk41:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

Then, yesterday I played with him for the first time in a while and loved it. He's my new favourite character, seconded by the Harlequin

if he gets picked.

Becc i cant find it i went on the thing but it dident show avatar or signiture?

*Haha that same thing happend to me- I used to just hate playing the Barber, then as I was winning Wanted games with him nonstop I was really liking him ?

*Also <span class="ev_code_RED">Serrachio</span> to edit your signature, you go over to your profile-edit integrated profile @ the right hand top and scroll down to where it says signatures, should be below avatar. Hope that helps ; ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BeCk41
02-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by MonsterJunkese:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BeCk41:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

Then, yesterday I played with him for the first time in a while and loved it. He's my new favourite character, seconded by the Harlequin

if he gets picked.

Becc i cant find it i went on the thing but it dident show avatar or signiture?

*Also <span class="ev_code_RED">Serrachio</span> to edit your signature, you go over to your profile-edit integrated profile @ the right hand top and scroll down to where it says signatures, should be below avatar. Hope that helps ; ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey there MonsterJunkese, I posted you a private message if u wanna check it ?

Reign
02-06-2011, 08:53 AM
The Nobleman is awesome I've liked him ever since the beta came out. I especially enjoy the story behind the claw, crafted by (Gaspar de la Croix) the Engineer and delivered to him by (Fiora Cavazza) the Courtesan and now to be used against them.

My favorite assassination of his, even though I don't get to see it much is his aerial attack. Seeing the claw driven into their skull with such force it takes a measure of strength for him to get it back out again. Not too mention the kinda of squishy sound it makes while that is happening.

tastemyfreedom
02-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Whenever you see him stun somebody with a punch to the head with the claw it makes you wonder how they just didn't die from it. It can kill them with the same death animation from behind. But I guess when he stuns you he is just being generous.