PDA

View Full Version : Please Oleg- give us a clue:What new PC should we buy?

jamesdietz
01-28-2007, 10:33 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">My PC is very aged at this point & would like to replace it in order to get the most out of Il-2 FB/PF & be ready for BoB later this (?) year.Can't you please hurry up & give us the operating specs for what we might be able to buy now?It would really be a big big help!</span>

Bartolomeo_ita
01-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by jamesdietz:
<span class="ev_code_RED">My PC is very aged at this point & would like to replace it in order to get the most out of Il-2 FB/PF & be ready for BoB later this (?) year.Can't you please hurry up & give us the operating specs for what we might be able to buy now?It would really be a big big help!</span>

i don't know, but probably a dual core is going to work fine with BoB.

VMF-214_HaVoK
01-28-2007, 12:21 PM
I can do that for you. First of all I would wait till fall to upgrade completely.

You will want The latest Dual cores from either AMD or Intel. At this moment your best bet is Intel. I just got a Intel Core2Duo E6400. You will want 2GB of ram at minimum. I suggest 3-4GB. You will want a really good sound card such as Creatives X-FI series. And one of Nvidia's latest graphics cards will do the trick. Thier new 8800 series will work and are the onyl cards at this moment that are DirectX 10 ready.

Todays mid to high range rigs will run SoW Im quite certain of that. But you will not be able to run SoW in all its glory for many months after the game ships...Im quite certain of that as well.

Waldo.Pepper
01-28-2007, 04:25 PM
If a patch is a couple of weeks late people want to eat his guts so imagine the flak he'd get if Oleg said, "buy this and this and this thing!" and then the specs changed and it turned out to be wrong!?

Sadly, I don't think he or anyone associated with Oleg or UBI will answer you.

ElAurens
01-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Realistically we are a year away from launch of BoB. If you can hold out that long do so. If not build the best machine you can afford. Putting together a mid line machine now will guarantee it will be obsolete in a year.

Bearcat99
01-28-2007, 06:17 PM
IMO if you can fly this sim on excellent settings with frames above 25 then a total upgrade for BoB is pointless. Now if you wanted to upggrade a single component... thats different.. but a specific upgrade for BoB is a waste. Oleg said that he would recommend waiting till after the release of BoB to upgrade your entire rig... he also said that a high end system of today would probably run BoB well.... like a middle of the road rig today would run FB ...

FritzGryphon
01-28-2007, 06:23 PM
After all, what do you really need to play before BoB comes out?

And when it does come out, the mindblowing awesomeness will justify any frivolous PC purchase.

VW-IceFire
01-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by jamesdietz:
When BoB comes out there will be Intel's upgrade to the current Core 2 out (new Core 2 Duo's and Core 2 Quads or whatever they call it, maybe Core 3) as well as AMD's K8L (whatever they call it) chips. The Intel is an upgrade from the current Core 2....the AMD is a redesign.

As for video cards...we'll probably see iterations on ATI's R600 architecture by that point and follow ons to the GeForce 8000 series. If you really need a system now...I sort of do myself...then an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 and the not yet available or announced by due any time GeForce 8600 Ultra should do very nicely.

Make sure you get DDR2 800mhz RAM in a 2GB kit and make sure you go for the 512mb video card unless you have to.

The other option is a Athlon64 X2 5200+ and a pair of Radeon X1950Pro's which is a pretty good deal as well.

lbhskier37
01-28-2007, 06:36 PM
A year before the original IL2 came out what PC should you have bought to play IL2 descently? If you look back your answer would be none! This same thing will happen this time. Why when IL2 came out and the fastest computers available weren't fast enough to run it at the highest settings do you think that today, a year before BoB is coming out you think anything available right now would be fast enough to play BoB at high settings? Just wait, if your computer works now, you will live and be happy you waited. Also you will have more $$.

Choctaw111
01-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by lbhskier37:
A year before the original IL2 came out what PC should you have bought to play IL2 descently? If you look back your answer would be none! This same thing will happen this time. Why when IL2 came out and the fastest computers available weren't fast enough to run it at the highest settings do you think that today, a year before BoB is coming out you think anything available right now would be fast enough to play BoB at high settings? Just wait, if your computer works now, you will live and be happy you waited. Also you will have more $$.

Here is a man with wisdom... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Listen to every word he says.

drose01
01-29-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm waiting for Intel to release their upcoming "Penryn" CPU, which will be their first chip using a 45 NM fabrication technique.

It will go into production later this year and be commercially available in early 2008 from what I read.

Recent reports show that this chip uses a new type of insulating technique ('hafniun') that will improve energy efficiency and allow much greater clock speeds and performance. Design will be similar to the Core2 Duo "Conroe."

crazyivan1970
01-29-2007, 11:35 PM
As i recall Oleg will talk about requirements for BOB/SOW sometime in August.

Scorpion.233
01-31-2007, 04:19 AM
As long as they don't make the same mistake FSX made. I got a 7900gt ready so I should be fine, maybe another gig off ram.

FritzGryphon
01-31-2007, 05:21 AM
Fischer Price. Be sure.

GerritJ9
01-31-2007, 02:43 PM
I feel pretty sure that, unlike FB, BoB will not run on Windows 98 or ME, but only on W2000, XP and Vista- perhaps not even on W2000. As for machine specs, I would guess that BoB will require as a minimum Pentium 4s/Athlon 64s with 1 GB of RAM.

MOH_Hirth
01-31-2007, 09:14 PM
1)go to www.tomshardware.com (http://www.tomshardware.com) and see comparison charts Processor and videocards.
My system: processor:intel e-6600 (2.4 with 4mb cash),Videocard GF7950GT(wait gf8800gtx down price) and 2 GB DDR800 CORSAIR,10280x1024resolution, antialyasyng8x all set max except water (i prefer water 3).
FPS 45/250, i use IL-2 manager 24keys for 3D ajust.
IS LIKE A MOVIE... and wasnt tooo expensive

Stackhouse25th
01-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by MOH_Hirth:
1)go to www.tomshardware.com (http://www.tomshardware.com) and see comparison charts Processor and videocards.
My system: processor:intel e-6600 (2.4 with 4mb cash),Videocard GF7950GT(wait gf8800gtx down price) and 2 GB DDR800 CORSAIR,10280x1024resolution, antialyasyng8x all set max except water (i prefer water 3).

money and no brains, classic.

MOH_Hirth
02-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Money and no brain? Can we see your sugestion STACKHOUSE? can you do a better computer with same money? Forgeth AMD64...

BfHeFwMe
02-01-2007, 07:05 PM
I'd wait, Cyberdyn Industries should have the new T-2000 series chip out by than. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

VW-IceFire
02-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Stackhouse25th:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MOH_Hirth:

money and no brains, classic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats a pretty good selection of parts. Care to elaborate?