PDA

View Full Version : Execution Streak Problems

Kogia
12-30-2010, 05:37 PM
I just really struggle to get this execution streak thing to work at all. I counter and kill, then release block (R1) and then tap L1 and the square button for attack? Right?

I do this and Ezio then swings his weapon at the next enemy and they block it and we fight, I then usually haven't killed them before the next person attacks and I then counter and kill them. But never manage to string one execution straight into another.

I've practiced over and over in the training room and just can't get it to work.

Help really appraciated. Timings, correct order of button pressing? I'm a PS3 user, so won't understand Xbox controller details.

Serrachio
12-30-2010, 07:01 PM
You have to quickly move the directional stick towards the target as you press the counter button, then move it to the next target and press Square to continue it.

Sometimes it won't work if they're too far away.

Edit: You don't need to press L1

DarthEzio55
12-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Kogia:
I just really struggle to get this execution streak thing to work at all. I counter and kill, then release block (R1) and then tap L1 and the square button for attack? Right?

I do this and Ezio then swings his weapon at the next enemy and they block it and we fight, I then usually haven't killed them before the next person attacks and I then counter and kill them. But never manage to string one execution straight into another.

I've practiced over and over in the training room and just can't get it to work.

Help really appraciated. Timings, correct order of button pressing? I'm a PS3 user, so won't understand Xbox controller details.

first target a enemy, then counter kill the enemy, as Ezio is doing the counter kill, move the left analog stick towards the next enemy you want to strike, and tap Square p.s i think that instead of tapping square, if you hold square Ezio might do a special kill with his pistol, please correct if i'm wrong

Serrachio
12-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by DarthEzio55:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kogia:

first target a enemy, then counter kill the enemy, as Ezio is doing the counter kill, move the left analog stick towards the next enemy you want to strike, and tap Square p.s i think that instead of tapping square, if you hold square Ezio might do a special kill with his pistol, please correct if i'm wrong </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's only when you're using the sword, but yeah, holding Square during an execution streak makes Ezio kill one guard and shoot another.

ZCherub
12-30-2010, 11:09 PM
See Serachio's edit above. I think you're issue is pressing L1. You only to want to dothat once @ the beginning to enter 'open combat' mode (or lock on). After that leave it alone. Tap square to kill, and only press R1 & square when you need to counter.

Kogia
12-31-2010, 01:34 AM
ah great thank you. I'd got confused with the instruction of press 'L' I assumed they meant L1 or possibly L2 I didn't realise it meant just the left stick.

That's why I just kept swinging and missing, because by pressing L1 I was deselecting anyone - effectively taking me out of combat.

Thanks very much for the help.

Black_Widow9
12-31-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm going to move this here-
Assassin's Creed Hints & Tips (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)