PDA

View Full Version : Rabbids go Home

Hollow.Rabbid
06-20-2009, 07:16 PM
The Game of rabbids go home is the final of the rabbids?????????????????????

hanging_rope
06-23-2009, 01:48 AM
It is not the final of the Rabid series, but is an indicator of the fact that raving rabids is a spin off. There is no Rayman in this game, which also indicates that he is returning back to his old platforming style with Rayman 4 (AWESOME!)

spiraldoor
07-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Rayman NOT being in the title of a piece of shovelware does not, in fact, mean that Ubisoft are developing a Rayman platforming game.

I don't see how it has any relevence whatsoever, really. Care to explain?

Xenon09
07-18-2009, 10:56 AM
There was obviously no substance to his 'indications'.

Ogre_Zaorish
07-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Wohoho a hell with indications. I just hope Ancel will at last make a decent game, so I am waiting for Beyond Good & Evil 2 and staying away from the Rabbids.

spiraldoor
07-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Well, it's pretty clear that this thread is a load of crap and has no use whatsoever.

We should talk about something else now. Metal Gear Solid, perhaps.

kleaneasy
07-22-2009, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by spiraldoor:
Well, it's pretty clear that this thread is a load of crap and has no use whatsoever.

We should talk about something else now. Metal Gear Solid, perhaps.

If you have no desire to discuss the Rabbid games I would respectfully remind you that you dont need to post at all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Now on topic or dont post, thank you

Mylifeisinsane
08-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Yes, but there's no point posting, simply because the matter has already been resolved.

sjoerdkoala
10-11-2009, 02:22 AM
OI! some of you still don't know that Jacques Exertier said that there will be a rayman adventure in the future. It was in an IGN interview ( http://wii.ign.com/articles/979/979811p1.html )

This is what he said:
IGN: Why did you decide to omit Rayman from the experience altogether?

Jacques: Not a day goes by without somebody asking us for a new Rayman gameÖ He'll be back for more imaginative and fantastic adventures of his own before you know it, but not in RGH, which takes place among Humans.

Limely
10-11-2009, 03:21 AM
Indeed. c: Until I see proof that this is in production I won't start saving my money though.

RoboRabbid
10-11-2009, 08:06 PM
They better start makeing platfoms agien with glowbox and the rest of the gain or I might go crazy. those mini games get boreing after a while but rayman does not.(ok mabye rayman rush for PS1)

robocoddess
10-24-2009, 01:23 PM
I just got back from the MCM expo in London today and first I wanna thank Ubisoft for allowing us to try Rabbids Go Home. I have my first impressions, and I can honestly say that it's not as bad as I thought it'd be, though it crashed [I've been told it's the debug which could explain why] and an expo official had to reset it for us.

I'm still gonna have one reason not to like this game, and it's solely because it's a Rabbids game and not a Rayman one and yes I've tried to have my voice heard to Ubisoft officials around there.

kleaneasy
10-27-2009, 11:20 AM
robocoddess can I ask, do you not play any games other than Rayman ones?

The reason I ask is you seem to agree you like the game, but won't buy it because Raymans not in it. Itís not a Rayman game hence his absence, and the release of RGH has no impact on the likelihood of a Rayman release in the future.

robocoddess
10-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Sure, I play Super Mario, classic Sonic, Worms, Cooking Mama, Okami, Warioware, Trauma Centre, Drawn to Life, Bomberman, Earthworm Jim among others, but I can have a favourite franchise can't I? Just because I'm a hardcore Rayman fan, doesn't mean they're the only games I ever play.

I'm trying to be reasonable with my opinions of RGH here unlike the other Rayman fans that vandalise wikipedia articles with abusive comments directed solely to Ubisoft employees, and I didn't say I wasn't going to buy it [tbh I can't really afford the £35 right now], I said loud and clear that I would have just one reason not to like it, and you know full well that many others in the Rayman fandom feel the same because all they want is the next major action and adventure game in the franchise - I do too -, and you know what, so do people that are not as hardcore as the fans are but have still enjoyed a Rayman game at some point, a few of my friends being some of them.

I'm still trying to accept the Rabbids' mere existence, while others never will.

kleaneasy
10-28-2009, 04:49 AM
I wasnít suggesting that you canít have a favourite game series; my question was more wondering why you would dislike this game because Rayman isnít in it when you donít with other titles.

I understand how you all feel about the Rabbids in the previous Rayman games, but this isnít a Rayman game so Iím unsure how that feeling transfers over to this game. Especially when the anger at the Rabbids was in most part due to what many felt was an intrusion on Rayman.

I guess from a feedback point of view I was curious if there was another reason for your choice to not play it aside from the absence of Rayman.

Limely
10-29-2009, 10:53 AM
The problem is mainly that Ubisoft decides to make another Rabbid-game instead of a new proper Rayman game. Especially considering RGH was developed at the very same studio that the previous Rayman games were (and will hopefully be in the future), and I suppose one studio can only develop so and so many games at a time.
Fans are bitter people, you guys. We don't forgive that easily.

Personally I won't play Rabbids go home, because:
a) I have no interest in it.

b) I will rather spend my money on other games, like Assassin's Creed 2 when that comes in a couple of weeks.

c) I think the visual style of the game is not appealing. This is coming from someone who greatly enjoys cartoony styles and whose favourite game ever is Psychonauts, so it's not because I think everything has to look OMG REALISTIC, but I don't think that the humans, among other things, go very well together with the rabbids and the verminators and their dogs. They look so out of place.

d) I do not enjoy the slapstick, over the rop, repetative humour the rabbids represent.

e) I am, rather childishly, hoping that not buying Rabbids-games will have an effect (which it obviously won't) and this is a matter of principle for me now.

kleaneasy
11-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Limely:
The problem is mainly that Ubisoft decides to make another Rabbid-game instead of a new proper Rayman game

Who ever said this game was instead of another Rayman game?

There's never been any suggestion that the Rayman series was over, thats just an assumption from certain community members

Limely
11-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Let me rephrase.

Fans are angry/upset/whatever because even though this game is not in any way related to the Rayman series, Rabbids still have been a part of the Rayman franchise for a long time. Now the series have clearly been split, but while the Rabbids are ready to launch in their own game, there are no signs of a new Rayman game yet.

Who knows what game developers are ever up to though. Most secretive bunch of people the world has ever seen, next to the mafia.

I have to admit that I'm not as interested in seeing another installment in the Rayman series as I am in seeing Michel Ancel's next game, whatever that may be.

robocoddess
12-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I've got the game now and here is what I think of it in pros and cons. Cross-posted from that *other* Rayman forum and slightly amended to suit the ahem, innocent audience here.

+ Controlling the trolley is a LOT easier than I thought it be, it seems that since I played the demo last month, it's become fine tuned. Doing the BWAAH attack feels like Okami. However, it's when you ride on that airplane jet the controls get really awkward but thankful you only ride them so few times.
+ Customising your Rabbid. It's hard work keeping the wiimote still, but it's fun. And yes I made a -ahem- certain Austrian dictator rabbid. I also like the tools which can make your Rabbid look REALLY herpyderp to like, Juliana Wetmore proportions.
+ "By the rivers of Babylon, where we sat down..."
+ Harassing those poor, poor hospital patients as well as the one that's in the green bubble.
+ the 2D animations. They make even the humans look good in these. It plays an animated cut scene when you're just about to start a level.
+ The music by Fanfare Vagabontu. There's one track that they used for Pimp Your Trolley flash game that I really like.
+ The way some of the humans cry for help when you attack them. Not as funny as Assassin's Creed though, but funny in its own right. DON'T TAKE ME AWAY, I'M NOT DEAD YET

Now for things I don't like

- The framerate. Once in a while it freezes for like a split second. Games in 2009 should NOT be doing that, this isn't 1991 ffs.
- Apparently when you unlock accessories, it's all random stuff like octopuses, pins and stuff. What's wrong with just normal hats? How do I take off their thongs?
- Apparently there's no easy way to skip the cut scenes - everytime you choose and leave a level, it plays a scene where the rabbids are sliding down in the sewers on a mattress every time!
- Gee we really could do with some proper checkpoints here.
- The manual doesn't even tell you what the enemies are, and no a bunch of sloppily placed pictures of them doesn't help.

R0gueSquirrel
12-25-2009, 11:44 AM
I know I'm a month late but you can paint over their thongs and pants with white if you want to, and the sewer scenes are when the game is loading which is why you can't skip them.