PDA

View Full Version : is the spitfire different in PF?!

GH_Klingstroem
10-28-2004, 07:54 AM
well is it and if yes, in what way is it different. I heard it was too good at high alt in FB AEP 2.04, but dont know anything about what it should be like... U guys that fly it or know more about it, pls let me know! cheers

UK_Jackal
10-28-2004, 09:45 AM
I personally hjavent noticed anthing different about it, but saying that I havent flown it all that much, if there's an aircraft to watch out for is that pesky KI, in my opinion this aircraft cant be matched, for fire power and agility - was it really this good IRL ?

faustnik
10-28-2004, 09:47 AM
The Spit IX now has normal overheat. It still takes a while to overheat, but, it does get there.

GH_Klingstroem
10-28-2004, 09:52 AM
I heard that it lost some of its high alt performance... is that true?!

Kwiatos
10-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Yes spitfires MK IX now are slowier at high alt and more closly to real max speed.

Lateralus_14
10-28-2004, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UK_Jackal:
that pesky KI, in my opinion this aircraft cant be matched, for fire power and agility - was it really this good IRL ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is since mechanical difficulties aren't a factor. By late in the war new aircraft suffered from poor production methods and materials, lack of replacement parts, etc. There are reports of engines simply conking out in-flight, parts breaking off, rough running, and all sorts of things. Ki-84s in the game suffer from none of these shortcomings, but the flight model itself is reasonable.