PDA

View Full Version : Force feedback stick to go with x52 throttle?

james_ander
02-03-2007, 08:09 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to use any kind of force feedback stick with an X52 throttle. I know Saitek makes the Cyborg Evo force. Is this stick any good? Will it work with the throttel. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Tully__
02-03-2007, 09:27 PM
It will work, as will any USB FFB controller, though there is sometimes an issue getting FFB to work on a controller that appears 2nd in the Windows Game Controllers list.

james_ander
02-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks. Can you recommend a good FFB stick that is still available?

Thanks again.

BrotherVoodoo
02-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I have a Saitek EVO Force I am happy with. They are still readily available and work well.

james_ander
02-05-2007, 04:58 AM
Thanks, I might pick one up.

tagTaken2
02-05-2007, 11:21 AM
How does the Saitek EVO force stick compare to the MSFFB2- generally considered teh best FFB stick ever made?

Anybody able to make the comparison?

Beirut
02-06-2007, 04:30 AM
I'm using a MS FFB2 as my main stick and a Saitek Cyborg Evo as a throttle. Already had the FFB2 but needed a throttle, so I almost bought the X52 just for the throttle, but $200...

I saw the Evo right next to it for $45 and bought that instead. Works great as a throttle, better than a standard throttle perhaps. Enough buttons to make it versatile, and using the stick itself, the center rest position gives you 50% power. Pull back for decrease and push forward for increase. Super fast and very accurate power control, and fun too. Not sure you can run the power up and down as quickly with a regular throttle.

When my MS FFB2 dies, I'm getting two Evo FFB so both hands can feel the shaking.

BrotherVoodoo
02-06-2007, 11:39 AM
I have never played with the MS FFB, I do have a few buddies that swear by them however. One difference I have noticed it the MS sticks won't let you toggle in and out of the game and keep FFB. My Saietek does allow me to alt-tab out and back in with no loss of FFB.