PDA

View Full Version : Point in the right direction..

Fire4Effect
05-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Hi, I'm new to Pacific Fighters and new to this forum. I know that this has probably been discussed to death and there are a million posts about it, but I can't find a single one. Just to let everyone know in advance I did try a search, no luck and I also looked at about 30 pages starting from the end.

So here goes: Why isn't there torpedo bombing/bombers (non-AI) in Pacific Fighters? Is there going to be in the future??

All I need is a point in the right direction. thanks.

Finkeren
05-01-2005, 12:30 AM
The answer will have to be a loud and clear 'MEH!' Very few people right now, has the slightest idea of which planes might be included. We are fairly sure of a few (Betty, George, CV-21) but else we´re just guessing.
There have been some rumours that Grumman was trying to block the release of a flyable TBF/TBM but I won't join the discussion of whether this is correct.
Last night however, saQson who did some great modelling work on PF confirmed that 1C has a lot of new planes, some of wich I didn't even know were being modelled coming in future (free?) add-ons, so all in all: We definately still has something to look forward to in the IL-series, torp-planes we can't say for sure. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Lewicide
05-01-2005, 12:45 AM
This is dangerous turf, which is why people are reluctant to reply. It has also been the subject of many gripes, speculations and locked threads. I am of two minds as to whether this is a troll or fishing but giving the benefit of a doubt, here are some of the things that have been said, and may or may not be true (sets the dogs loose):

There was a legal wrangle with Northrop/Grumman over copyright/TM which killed off the flyable Avenger, and it seems that there was a non disclosure agr. so no one can say anything.

Torpedo operations off carriers were not a prime consideration origially in PF.

Accurate documentation was not readily available for the pits of Japanese carrier based torpedo bombers.

There may be a Kate of another Japanese carrier based torp. bomber coming in a future patch.

The Avenger will never be flyable nor will any A/C related to N-G.

There was a technical problem/conflict with getting torp. A/C to work off carriers.

Confused? We are, but nope there aren't ant probably will not be carrier based torp. A/C for PF....Maybe.........be sure http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Fire4Effect
05-14-2005, 10:08 PM
sorry for the long delay in response but thanks for clearing all that up. For some reason I thought my post got thrown out (couldn't find it)

wayno7777
05-14-2005, 10:28 PM
IL-2T