PDA

View Full Version : Alternative for Open Modifications

Bluebeard2006
02-01-2006, 06:13 PM
I saw some of the commentaries about an opened mod for Il2-Aep-Pf. I totally agree with the fact that cfs 2 was ruined by open modifications. I have cfs2 and I can tell you that some custom planes were very good like others just sucked. But I think that Oleg should give us a tool like the full mission builder to allow us to fix some problems with maps and sounds. You can pretend that a Lagg3 is a D.520 in a mission but you can't pretend that the kuban map is greece. It has the same shape and the mountains are similar but the water and the ground are totally inacurate. I think that a map or sound editor like the full mission builder could be a good alternative. For example, we could create our own maps but it wouldn't allow the community to make cheat codes. Maddox games can't make every map in the world so let us help you. I also think that they sould let us edit the objects, vehicles, ships etc. paint shemes like we do with the planes. Some ships like the Niobe have old low resolution skins that need to be ''fixed''. I'd also like to change the vehicle's skins and give them a desert skin for missions taking place in Med. theatre. But for the planes I think that Oleg and his team shouldn't allow us to edit planes. Seeing a F-22 fighting against the Wright brothers plane would just dissapoint me and ruin the game's realism! I'm really satisfied with il2 and pf's default planes.

I just wonna say that Maddox games should make us a tool like the full mission builder to create maps and to change the game's sounds.

Bluebeard2006
02-01-2006, 06:13 PM
I saw some of the commentaries about an opened mod for Il2-Aep-Pf. I totally agree with the fact that cfs 2 was ruined by open modifications. I have cfs2 and I can tell you that some custom planes were very good like others just sucked. But I think that Oleg should give us a tool like the full mission builder to allow us to fix some problems with maps and sounds. You can pretend that a Lagg3 is a D.520 in a mission but you can't pretend that the kuban map is greece. It has the same shape and the mountains are similar but the water and the ground are totally inacurate. I think that a map or sound editor like the full mission builder could be a good alternative. For example, we could create our own maps but it wouldn't allow the community to make cheat codes. Maddox games can't make every map in the world so let us help you. I also think that they sould let us edit the objects, vehicles, ships etc. paint shemes like we do with the planes. Some ships like the Niobe have old low resolution skins that need to be ''fixed''. I'd also like to change the vehicle's skins and give them a desert skin for missions taking place in Med. theatre. But for the planes I think that Oleg and his team shouldn't allow us to edit planes. Seeing a F-22 fighting against the Wright brothers plane would just dissapoint me and ruin the game's realism! I'm really satisfied with il2 and pf's default planes.

I just wonna say that Maddox games should make us a tool like the full mission builder to create maps and to change the game's sounds.

sakai2005
02-01-2006, 06:42 PM
i know of at least one game that allowed this option for maps.railroad tycoon had a map editor.