PDA

View Full Version : B5N Flyable

203Ku_Takasaki
11-03-2004, 11:49 AM
I am one who really wants to see this torpedo plane made flyable. I had a blast flying it in other sims.

I understand there might be a lack of info on the cockpit however I have seen some cockpit pics posted in here.

My question is, does the cockpit really have to be exact? Can't Oleg and company go off pictures and improvise with the rest? Since there is little information I doubt anyone is going to whine about how accurate it is. However, if there are any potential whiners who know more about the cockpit, than they should be giving Oleg that info.

Also, if more information surfaces later they can just correct it in a future patch.

I would rather have a flyable B5N with a less than authentic cockpit, than not having a flyable one at all.

My 2 cents

thefish7
11-03-2004, 12:41 PM
I really agree with this post. I'd rather have something imperfect, than nothing at all.

dragonhart38
11-03-2004, 01:04 PM
maybe it will be flyable in the add-on. I haven't heard any details about it yet. Anyone?

Sakai9745
11-03-2004, 01:41 PM
As much as I an just itching to get the Kate as flyable, I'd have to lean towards waiting until it's done right. Huge appeal of Oleg's stuff has always been attention to aircraft detail.

Hey Takasaki. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Is that invite for a squadron still open?

Stiglr
11-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Realistic torpedos FIRST, then make it flyable.

BlitzPig_Frat
11-03-2004, 01:49 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ...... torpedo first? All the accurite torpedoes in the world do no good without a means of delivery. A semi-sorta rendition of the cockpit is better than none at all. We need the torpedo bombers!!!

MrOblongo
11-03-2004, 02:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
Realistic torpedos FIRST, then make it flyable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree..even AOTP had more realistic torpedoes...

203Ku_Takasaki
11-03-2004, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sakai9745:
Hey Takasaki. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Is that invite for a squadron still open? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a big YES. We really need West Coast members to fill the ranks of our 3rd Chutai.

aminx
11-03-2004, 04:25 PM
KATE DOCUMENTATION

Here is proof for you all that the full tech documentation is available in japan.

http://www.j-aircraft.com/main/newkits/b5nbk.htm

aminx

uhoh7
11-03-2004, 06:11 PM
bump for oleg to see

Stiglr
11-03-2004, 06:11 PM
frat, if you haven't noticed, there are already planes, like the IL-2, that are carrying the poorly modeled "iron bomb torpedos" that have no deployment restrictions.

Until they get serious about modeling the VERY strict height, speed and drop angle restrictions for torpedos, it's just another example of arcade simulation. And in that case, we don't need *dedicated* torpedo bombers. At least IL-2s can carry other loadouts that are properly modelled.

goshikisen
11-03-2004, 06:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aminx:
KATE DOCUMENTATION

Here is proof for you all that the full tech documentation is available in japan.

http://www.j-aircraft.com/main/newkits/b5nbk.htm

aminx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aminx, If I'm not mistaken those books have already been exhausted as a resource. You can strike 3 of them off the list as they're only older versions of the same book.

Jieitai_Tsunami
11-03-2004, 06:34 PM
I think there is enough info on the Kate for it to be flyable but maybe there is some other problem the dev team are having.

I think there must also be strict rules on how these aircraft are made. Some need to have almost all versions done before even one is flyable..

Stiglr's TR Kate is very well modelled except torpedoes and only the front cockpit is mapped. I think they used Maru that has extremely concise info on all aircraft in this game..

Snootles
11-03-2004, 06:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"iron bomb torpedos" that have no deployment restrictions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about given that the torpedoes in my version of PF seem to have pretty stringent release parameters.

Last I heard, the B5N was going to be flyable in a patch. Avenger too. It was an online game preview, not an official statement, so it doesn't carry the same certainty to it, but it's better than hearing something like, "No! We can't do the torpedo bombers!"

203Ku_Takasaki
11-03-2004, 08:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
Until they get serious about modeling the VERY strict height, speed and drop angle restrictions for torpedos, it's just another example of arcade simulation. And in that case, we don't need *dedicated* torpedo bombers. At least IL-2s can carry other loadouts that are properly modelled. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think having dedicated torpedo planes is a priority since this is a Pacific navy sim.

Torpedo planes played a huge if not the biggest role in the theater. Not having them flyable is absurd.

It's almost like having a Battle of Britain sim without any flyable bombers.

I am not whining too much because I have enough faith in Oleg and company to remedy this.

Stiglr
11-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Snootles wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about given that the torpedoes in my version of PF seem to have pretty stringent release parameters.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fill me in on what these are. (I don't have PF yet) They sure weren't there in any version of IL-2. And, since torpedo planes aren't flyable in PF, how do you assume the torpedos are correctly modelled now? Is it in the Read Me?

If you're merely commenting on AI, that's only a partial solution. The AI can be programmed to enter the launch envelopes for speed, alt, bank, etc. That still doesn't mean a player might be exempt from it, and be able to "drop" torpedos like iron bombs. We asked this question during PF development and got NO answer.

Until the torps are modelled right, we shouldn't bother to have flyable dedicated torpedo bombers.

Snootles
11-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Yes, torpedoes were well-nigh pointless in AEP. I remember lobbing them from 3km up and watching them leave wakes as the started running.

PF is a whole 'nuther kettle of fish. There are no dedicated torpedo planes, but the A-20G and Beau TF.21 can carry torps. From my experimentation there is most definitely an altitude and speed limit. Your plane's angle to the water also appears to be important, as does the depth of the water upon dropping. Incorrect torpedo procedure results in a frothy splash. And a dead torpedo.

aminx
11-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Aminx, If I'm not mistaken those books have already been exhausted as a resource. You can strike 3 of them off the list as they're only older versions of the same book.[/QUOTE]

HMMMMMMMM........well lets do some arithmatic and deduct 3 from 6 and we are left with 3 books,is'nt this enough for a "sim" where peoples lifes will not be in danger if they fly them?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/aminx/77.jpg
my previous sig from when i was younger and hopefull
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/aminx/77.jpg
aminx

GoToAway
11-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Fill me in on what these are. (I don't have PF yet) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then why are you whining about it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And, since torpedo planes aren't flyable in PF, how do you assume the torpedos are correctly modelled now? Is it in the Read Me? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because he, unlike you, has actually dropped torpedos in PF. The A-20 can carry them as can the Beaufighter. And since the torpedo simulation itself has been fixed, the torpedos carried by the Il-2T and He-111 are also affected.

Let's get our facts straight before we start complaining and putting off potential customers.

269GA-Veltro
11-04-2004, 01:26 AM
Kate is a must! We need torpedo carrier bombers, PF without them...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif