PDA

View Full Version : A simple request to Ubisoft

Maverick_U2007
01-27-2010, 07:59 AM
We now live in an informed society where just about every decision we make we get together all the information that is readily available and from that we make an informed decision. To that extent if we make the wrong choices then we really only have ourslves to blame.

For example, I want to go and buy a 20,000 car and I want to take some of the deal on a Finance agreement. First off I read all the documentation relating to the car and then I sit down I read the fine print that is included in the finance agreement and I then sign it to endorse the fact that I have read and understood what is contained in it. I therefore should not be able to have any compaints if things are not acceptable.

Now take the computer game.....Silent Hunter 5 as a prime example.

I read as much as is possible on all posts, diplay of assets etc by Ubisoft and I make an informed choice to buy or not to buy the game.

I make a decision to buy it as a hard copy and I open it and then I place the disc into my computer and run install....first thing to happen...is the EULA and I have an option to accept or decline. I don't like it so I decline but because I have opened the package I cannot get my money back, or I will have a long and lengthy argumentative process to do so.

I have real concerns conerning the new DRM that is going to be applied to the Silent Hunter V game and think that it may install components that I do not want, so in order to allow me to make an informed decision I would ask that Ubisoft posts the EULA in full on these forums. That would let me and others with genuine concerns to view the said EULA, prior to purchasing the game and would obviate the need for me to fight to get my money back in the event that I do not like it's contents.

Ubisoft, it will probably take you about 5 minutes to deal with this reuqest and about another 5 minutes to make the post and make it available for all to see.

Sitting here, in hopeless expectation...

Maverick

RedTerex
01-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Hopeless expectation is probably all you will be in receipt of.

A good supply of razors and shaving equipment is in order because your beard will surely be touching your toes by the time a responce of any acceptable magnitude is forthcoming.

My shaver is fully recharged http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif