PDA

View Full Version : silent hunter iii music theme

h8218122
04-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Can anyone possibly tell me who wrote the original soundpiece that is used as the main theme for silent hunter iii.I think this is a wonderful piece of music and if possible would like to download the original thanx.

h8218122
04-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Can anyone possibly tell me who wrote the original soundpiece that is used as the main theme for silent hunter iii.I think this is a wonderful piece of music and if possible would like to download the original thanx.

VikingGrandad
04-16-2007, 01:09 PM
You can find all the music files on your hard drive:

SilentHunterIII\data\Sound\Music

I *think* the SH3 music was composed by the same guys who did the SH4 music - Rod Abernethy and Jason Graves of Rednote Audio Studio (details of SH4 music on this page (http://shop.ubi.com/SH4/UK/))

h8218122
04-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Cheers for that but I am sure this is not the original as I was watching a tv program on scottish tv the other day and this theme came on.I have found the loop track in the music folder but alas does not give the name.For sure rednote audio have done an amazing version,but the original is more orchestral with more choir in the background.Oh well until I find the name of the song I shall just have to keep lookin and listening out.Cheers viking grandad

VikingGrandad
04-17-2007, 06:45 AM
Hmmm... have you installed the GW or GWX mod? These replace the default SH3 music with their own version.

JuanCudz
04-17-2007, 08:15 AM
The more choir themed music of Greywolves Mod is
"Escape" from Plunkett and Macleane, composed by Craig Armstrong.(source Grey Wolves X manual)

I dont know who did the vanilla SHIII soundtrack but the first few bars sounds a lot like music from Mel Gibsons' movie "We were Soldiers"