PDA

View Full Version : Training servers

HammyGray
07-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Are there any good training servers where I can take my F4U for a spin? I'm really having trouble getting the feel for the plane and am wondering if there's anything I can do to help myself out.

thanks!

HammyGray
07-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Are there any good training servers where I can take my F4U for a spin? I'm really having trouble getting the feel for the plane and am wondering if there's anything I can do to help myself out.

thanks!

Fireball_
07-09-2007, 12:42 PM
On Hyperlobby there are at least a couple of servers that are 'no-shooting' that you can fly around on:

-WB_Flight_Ops (There may be some dogfighting going on one of the far islands, but if you stick around Pearl Harbor you can fly around unmolested and practice landing on either Hickam Field or a carrier. Don't let the WB guys talk you into coming over to 'play' on their island. You'll die many horrible deaths. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Actually they're very nice, even as they shoot you to smithereens.)

CFS_EAGLE_TINY (This one's been up and down lately, but it's a fun one to fly around on. Try landing on the carrier that's pretty much surrounded by cliffs on all four sides!)

There's at least one more server for practicing formation and aerobatics, but I can't find it right now. I'll keep looking.

Fireball_
07-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Another one I forgot:

BSS_BlackSheep (Where you can practice night carrier landings.)

crucislancer
07-09-2007, 02:51 PM
I think I'm going to check those out. It seems I've been practicing my crashing more then landing lately. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

HammyGray
07-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks a lot for the servers!

I'll be sure to check 'em out this weekend and learn some maneuvers that show why it's called the UFOrsair ... if I get Hyperlobby working -_-

HammyGray
07-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Back again. Sorry guys and gals but Hyperlobby just won't work for me and probably never will. I can't even access the site and I have no idea on how to shut down my firewall or if I even want to.

So I got Xfire instead, works like a charm but I don't know of any training servers on Xfire.

Crash_Moses
07-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Bummer!

What seems to be the problem? I bet if you post over in the Community Help forum you can get the problem fixed quickly...Hyperlobby is just about the only place to fly on-line except maybe The All Seeing Eye.

UgoRipley
07-13-2007, 03:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HammyGray:
I can't even access the site and I have no idea on how to shut down my firewall or if I even want to.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What is your firewall ? What's the error you get ?

HammyGray
07-14-2007, 05:43 PM
The connection has timed out

The server at www.hyperfighter.sk (http://www.hyperfighter.sk) is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

My firewall is Nero 6 i believe. I have posted it on the community help forums and they're trying to help me there too.
I wonder why Nero will allow all these other sites to work but not hyperfighter. hmmm

Fireball_
07-15-2007, 04:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fireball_:
CFS_EAGLE_TINY (This one's been up and down lately, but it's a fun one to fly around on. Try landing on the carrier that's pretty much surrounded by cliffs on all four sides!)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should have mentioned about the CFS_EAGLE_TINY server, that even though the connection consistently shows red on Hyperlobby, we've always been able to connect just fine to it. A group of us were on it last night. If you get the urge to just fly around and have fun, and can control your itchy trigger finger for awhile, this server is great fun.

HammyGray
07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Hm. I don't even have an axis on my stick for rudder.

Until I get a new stick and a better graphics card, are there any tracks showing the helicopter-like moves of the F4U I always here about? Or really, any good F4U combat tracks that will teach me something?

UgoRipley
07-16-2007, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HammyGray:
...I wonder why Nero will allow all these other sites to work but not hyperfighter. hmmm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So, you couldn't downolad it at all ?
Isn't it possible to just disable your firewall (through its right-click menu) for the few seconds it takes to do it ?
Hyperlobby exe is less than 1 single Mb.

Or you dld'ed it, but it doesn't connect ??

HammyGray
07-16-2007, 01:27 PM
well no. the site doesn't work but i'll give the firewall a shot.

just tried still doesn't work. same error.

Crash_Moses
07-16-2007, 02:55 PM
You turned off your firewall and still can't connect?

Could be your ISP. They may be blocking IP addresses from that country. I was doing business with a company in Russia and they couldn't e-mail me for the longest time. Finally figured out my ISP was blocking another ISP in Russia because it had been linked with spamming in the U.S. Had to call my ISP and ask them to "unblock" that particular IP address.

Just a thought.

HammyGray
07-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Aww darn. Well thanks a bunch for the help all!

I'll now start looking for F4U tracks lol.

UgoRipley
07-17-2007, 11:12 AM
if it's only a problem of GETTING Hyperlobby, just send me a PM with your email, and I'll send it to you...

Don't write your email in the forum ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

dbillo
07-17-2007, 12:05 PM
...are there any tracks showing the helicopter-like moves of the F4U I always here about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What moves are those?

HammyGray
07-19-2007, 10:12 AM
I've just read about some moves in this forum stating that the F4U was often referred to as the UFOrsair. Also, there was a video on youtube I've seen a while back showing some crazy moves in a Corsair.

Crash_Moses
07-19-2007, 11:03 AM
I've seen some weird stuff online but it's always been attributed to lag...and it affects all aircraft.

No UFOs in this sim... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

crucislancer
07-19-2007, 11:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Moses:
I've seen some weird stuff online but it's always been attributed to lag...and it affects all aircraft.

No UFOs in this sim... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw that effect first hand the other day. I had a Yak dead to rights, and before I could squeeze the trigger, lag convenently pulled him out of my sights and out of convergence range. I was quite pissed.

HammyGray
07-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Oh you mean the ever so annoying 'warpage' that happens in many online games. Haha no I don't mean that. I know it's Aces High, but there are videos by Pink on youtube. One video he made is entitles wildest dreams. Check it out. Wildest Dreams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9VV6pkUcMs)