PDA

View Full Version : Skies of Fire Server hacked

Terrenceflynn
10-22-2009, 09:10 PM
I was disappointed to see that the SOV server ahd been hacked - they claim.

To be honest, this falls into the what goes around comes around category. So no, I have no sympathy for this server or their crew.

Fly on other servers where stats are not maipulated, and you are treated better, professionally.

HayateAce
10-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Don't fly on wonder-woman servers and quit looking at stats.

http://izismile.com/img/img2/20090803/fixed_it_00.jpg

Woke_Up_Dead
10-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Just before it got hacked there was some heated forum discussion when someone who flew for a squadron that is sometimes accused of cheating, got caught cheating.

jermin122
10-23-2009, 02:17 AM
I am almost sure which squadron you were talking about. I flew there for quite some times and most of its members could easily achieve 5 kills in 10 minutes. And most of them have a hit rate larger than 10%. You can easily recognize them in the combat by their unbelievable turn rate and climb rate. Besides those guys, a lot of other players used FM/WM cheats there.

Comrade_of_Eris
10-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Quite a coincidence. I was following that surpising thread when it all went down.

Computer forensics is excellent these days. Lets all hope they catch the offender and prosecute him to the full extent of the law.

Besides justice , it would prove what we all suspected for years.

Eris

BaronUnderpants
10-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Wondered myselfe where SoV (Closed pit) went.

If its a well known squad i think i know wich one it is to.

Some of them fly strictly T&B (90%) and have hit ratios and kill ratios a strict B&Z:er only dreams of. If it is infact the squad im thinking of.

P.S. Feel free to Pm me so i dont speak out of my hat.

Woke_Up_Dead
10-23-2009, 11:58 AM
The cheat he was caught in and admitted to was listening in on Teamspeak on one side while flying for the other, but yeah, they've been accused of worse.

na85
10-23-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm a site admin at sov/sof and to TerrenceFlynn I would say grow the hell up. If you have a beef or some evidence of preferential treatment by somebody then PM me. Otherwise if you have no evidence then stfu please. We don't manipulate stats.

As for being hacked, we did get the IPs of the people involved (there were multiple) and submitted them along with server access logs to the authorities.

steiner562
10-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Terrenceflynn if you got a gripe with a certain server I would advise you to go to their forums and complain there instead of trying to troll on here...not your first post with such a tone on the server in question is it?, plenty of other servers you can fly instead of coming on here and badmouthing ones that dont meet your requirements.