PDA

View Full Version : a very good combat idea

lothario-da-be
12-13-2011, 07:33 AM
in ac guards dont find together,would it be good if they make formations to kil you?if there are 6 guerds with a spear they form a spear wall and pike you down,brutes at the flanks and bombers behind,it would make fighting a chalenge and every fight would be different,cause of other types of guards.is this usable in ac or not?

Noble6
12-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Sounds interesting. You would need to break formation before you can start killing streaks. That would be interesting way to increase difficulty. Still I think formations would be umhh... silly. Though I would love if enemy soldiers did more teamwork.

value_zero
12-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Why should 10-12 guards should do a formation versus one guy, like shenmue would of say- Seriously...................seriously?!?!?!

lothario-da-be
12-13-2011, 08:18 AM
but in the brotherhood trailer they also make a formation.and i found another good thing what if the guards make a circle around the borgia captain(dont know the name in rev.)

lothario-da-be
12-13-2011, 08:19 AM
maybe because there are 5 assassins before them a brotherhood remember?

value_zero
12-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by lothario-da-be:
maybe because there are 5 assassins before them a brotherhood remember?

since when they move on the ground with you, they use to be stealthy and strike from above, element of surprise, enough for the guards to be confused for making formations, and your enemies are city guards, not army soldiers.

lothario-da-be
12-13-2011, 08:28 AM
maybe in some missions like in brotherhood the battle against the french,that was supposed to be an army and not just some city guards

value_zero
12-13-2011, 08:39 AM
The style of a fight of the assassins is whole other thing, than to confront directly, i dont know of ninjas army fighting against the usual ones. The only confront with the assassins was at the ending with the apple, but this seemed more like rushed mission by ubi for them to create fighting formation abilities for just only one mission.

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 08:51 AM
What I think is that if they're going to make combat alot more difficult w/ the spearmen & Janissary type guards that so easily break a kill streak, they'de be better off nixing Kill Streak altogether & just go for one on one combat as I saw in recent AC1 fight vids.

Kill Streaks can only work if you can keep a chain going & certain types of guards break that.
The harder they make combat, the less you probably get any use with Kill Streaks.
Just change the fight style & abilities to go one on one.
?

SolidSage
12-13-2011, 10:24 AM
I like the idea of formation, and having to break into it, in relation to squads or units of soldiers that have a specific reason for it, like troops marching to a garrison, or stationed at the small fort/camp type thingies.
I don't think the four man patrols need it, or that it would make much sense, they should just surround you like they do now.

I agree with Prodigurl about the kill streak issue. I don't think it should be removed though, cos it's hella fun when you can get it going. Instead, I think killstreak spoilers (Janissaries) shouldn't be in the standard patrols, but instead be randomly wandering or stationed around the city, like the Boss Templars in AC1, waiting to give you a serious butt kicking. Still have them in groups in some locations, just not populating the entire map with such frequency that it screws the kill streak mojo.

lothario-da-be
12-13-2011, 10:37 AM
it would be good if you have to break the formation with youre hidden gun/crossbow/bombs and then you would realy use your bombs cause there are no real other options,and if you have no bombs/arrows/amo you have to run or die that makes you less a 1 man army

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:

I agree with Prodigurl about the kill streak issue. I don't think it should be removed though, cos it's hella fun when you can get it going. Instead, I think killstreak spoilers (Janissaries) shouldn't be in the standard patrols, but instead be randomly wandering or stationed around the city, like the Boss Templars in AC1, waiting to give you a serious butt kicking. Still have them in groups in some locations, just not populating the entire map with such frequency that it screws the kill streak mojo.

I would hate to see it go too, but it seems the only logical solution if they're going to be making harder combat -
I guess the other alternative is for devs to create 2 groups of guards scattered around (which they did w/ Janissaries to a point in ACR) - one set of harder ones that you can't get a kill streak going with, and the other weaker ones that you can ?

That appeases both groups who like harder combat & aren't into the more polished kill streaks - & they can use the AC1 type of combat on the others for some variation.
(not sure how much work that adds to Ubi's plate tho)

SolidSage
12-13-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't remember AC1 combat being different really, there was just less you could do. It was blocking, dodging, counter kills and combos. All those things are still available in ACR but the Janissaries make the combos ineffective, so do the Seekers who dodge all the time. AC1 just had more basic guard types that you could get the combos going on all the time, and then special Templars dotted around the maps who blocked and countered like champs, I think they also had block breakers like axe guards do.
All the talk about AC1 combat being so much better is basically referring to two things, the opportunity to fight YOUR way more because of more docile AI and the execution animations, which WERE fantastic. They've kinda changed them up every time which is a shame, some AC1 ones were better.
In ACR the one where you stab dude through the throat, leave the sword in, spin him around and then get your sword back...very flashy but not practical or as cool as just deflecting his swing to the side and planting your sword in his skull like AC1. Bit OTT with some of them.

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 11:53 AM
All the talk about AC1 combat being so much better is basically referring to two things, the opportunity to fight YOUR way more because of more docile AI and the execution animations, which WERE fantastic. They've kinda changed them up every time which is a shame, some AC1 ones were better.

Yes that's what I'm talking about. They don't like the group kill streak thing, they like that style, one at a time w/ those camera angles & the whole organic feel of it.

I have to say I agree, it was Kool !!! Offering 2 types of moves w/ 2 types of guard groups (hard/easy) would be an option to kill 2 pigeons with one stone
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PhiIs1618033
12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
No. That's not why I consider AC1's combat to be better. It was more varied, with several distinct fighting styles available to the player, each weapon having its own feeling.
The AI wasn't docile at all, but actually pretty powerful. A good attack by a captain will make you lose almost half of your health. The guard archetypes aren't made completely obvious, they blend in with the gameplay, unlike the dumb game-mechanic feel the newer archetypes have.
Also, block-breaking has a huge impact on the type of fighting. All you need to do in AC2 to never get hurt is to just not let go of the RT button. Doesn't work like that in AC1.

SolidSage
12-13-2011, 02:37 PM
I found AC1 combat way too easy after a while, only the Templar Knights were a real challenge.
I think every AC has improved combat options while retaining the existing ones. The only problem I see is the evolution of AI, instead of adding to the existing they seem to replace the old ones, which is a shame, having all the types in their groupings would be great.

I don't remember if AC2 lost the block breaker AI but I recall it being in ACB and it is present in ACR.

As far as AC1 and damage, thats avaiable in ACR by not loading up on armor, I watched my wife losing half life to axe weilders last night because of that...and her not being good at dodging.