PDA

View Full Version : Message to Battle of Britain moaners

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 02:17 PM
I've had enough of trying to make you see that the BoB might be a good thing, so please use this thread to spout your drivel here, you guys don't know when you are onto a good thing. We are getting a new sim out of it so you should be happy.

Anyway, now, please just post here so the rest of us can enjoy talking about it and so that we can completely ignore what you say. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I thank you.

/m

<font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="2" >__________________

It's enough to make you want to hide in the wardrobe of darkness.
http://www.raf-cott.demon.co.uk/images/GR7%20top%20Dinas%20Mawddwy.jpg

<font size="1">Pentium 4 3Ghz 800Mhz FSB Hyperthreading | Abit IC7 Max 3 | 256Mb Radeon 9800 Pro |
2 x WD Raptor 10,000rpm S-ATA's (RAID 0) | 1Gb OCZ PC4000 Dual Channel Gold Series DDR |
Coolermaster 'Black Widow' | Zalman 7000-CPU Cooler | Track-IR | 3.5Ghz overclock | 940Mhz FSB |
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX | Microsoft FF2 Joystick | 3DMark2003:6234 | 3DMark2001SE:19568</font></font></p></p>

</p>

Message Edited on 10/06/0301:17PM by ICAG_Bader

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 02:17 PM
I've had enough of trying to make you see that the BoB might be a good thing, so please use this thread to spout your drivel here, you guys don't know when you are onto a good thing. We are getting a new sim out of it so you should be happy.

Anyway, now, please just post here so the rest of us can enjoy talking about it and so that we can completely ignore what you say. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I thank you.

/m

<font size="1">Pentium 4 3Ghz 800Mhz FSB Hyperthreading | Abit IC7 Max 3 | 256Mb Radeon 9800 Pro |
2 x WD Raptor 10,000rpm S-ATA's (RAID 0) | 1Gb OCZ PC4000 Dual Channel Gold Series DDR |
Coolermaster 'Black Widow' | Zalman 7000-CPU Cooler | Track-IR | 3.5Ghz overclock | 940Mhz FSB |
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX | Microsoft FF2 Joystick | 3DMark2003:6234 | 3DMark2001SE:19568</font></font></p></p>

</p>

Message Edited on 10/06/0301:17PM by ICAG_Bader

Zayets
10-06-2003, 02:27 PM
You're boring.Again.

Zayets out

http://www.arr.go.ro/iar81c.JPG

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 02:29 PM
super, you took the bait! As for 'being boring again', I learn't from the best - you sir.

</p>

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 02:29 PM
You can't please all of the people all of the time.

No matter what scenario was on offer people will whinge. That is after all what many posters on this forum do best.

<p align="center">
<A HREF="http://mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm" TARGET=_blank>
Unofficial IL-2 Community FAQ</font></A>

Hunter82's Tech Pages (http://mudmovers.com/tech/tech_pages.htm)
Forgotten Battles Reality Check (http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_065a.html)
</font></p>

Message Edited on 10/06/0302:30PM by EURO_Snoopy

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 02:38 PM
ICAG_Bader wrote:
- I've had enough of trying to make you see that the
- BoB might be a good thing, so please use this thread
- to spout your drivel here, you guys don't know when
- you are onto a good thing. We are getting a new sim
- out of it so you should be happy.
-
- Anyway, now, please just post here so the rest of us
- can enjoy talking about it and so that we can
- completely ignore what you say. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
-
- I thank you.

Does everybody really have to agree with you? Is there no room in this world for different opinions? I think Hitler and his cronies would be pleased to see the way some people post on this forum.

Olegs next flight sim WILL be a good thing. No doubt about it. It just happens that not everybody is so enthusiastic about the scenario. Why do you have a problem with that?

I'd never join a club that would have ME as a member!!.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 02:43 PM
What part of 'the next flight sim from Oleg will be the Battle of Britain' don't you moaners understand?

The decision has been made, long since probobly and moaning is going to change nothing is it?

Of course there are other developers who you could moan at.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 02:43 PM
I think you had better be careful with your repeated comments relating to Hitler and peoples posts, it's not the first time you have done this today. If you carry on like this ELEM I will make a formal complaint about you, you've been warned. I take exception to your comments relating to Hitler being 'pleased' with the way people post on here.

This thread was created because you moaning sods should have a place to go, bit like the kitchen at parties, and you should let the people who are happy with the news be able to talk about it without having to put up with drivel from you lot. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but lets agree to disagree and lets talk about our respective views on the merits of the new sim in threads where there are like-minded views.

Matt.

</p>

Zayets
10-06-2003, 02:44 PM
ELEM wrote:
- ICAG_Bader wrote:
-- I've had enough of trying to make you see that the
-- BoB might be a good thing, so please use this thread
-- to spout your drivel here, you guys don't know when
-- you are onto a good thing. We are getting a new sim
-- out of it so you should be happy.
--
-- Anyway, now, please just post here so the rest of us
-- can enjoy talking about it and so that we can
-- completely ignore what you say. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
--
-- I thank you.
-
-
- Does everybody really have to agree with you? Is
- there no room in this world for different opinions?
- I think Hitler and his cronies would be pleased to
- see the way some people post on this forum.
-
- Olegs next flight sim WILL be a good thing. No doubt
- about it. It just happens that not everybody is so
- enthusiastic about the scenario. Why do you have a
- problem with that?
-
- I'd never join a club that would have ME as a
- member!!.

Leave him alone. He thinks is funny , smart and handsome and he has all answers. And yes , is boring.

Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Zayets, glad you could make it. I have a question for you, 'What is the airspeed velocity of an unladed Swallow?'

Matt.

</p>

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 02:48 PM
Thats right, and everyone should have a place to whine and complain about a game that wont be released for 2 yrs or so. After all, we all know how all the planes will be incorrectly modeled and how the superior German engineering will not be properly displayed. I mean who needs to wait for the game, some of these people here know everything already.

Zayets
10-06-2003, 03:00 PM
ICAG_Bader wrote:
- Zayets, glad you could make it. I have a question
- for you, 'What is the airspeed velocity of an
- unladed Swallow?'
-
- Matt.

That's a funny one : airspeed velocity. I'm afraid you have to make up your mind here /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Should I open a thread about BoB whinners? Don't think so , yet you find the time to open one for the "others". Let me put it this simple way :not everybody is happy to see efforts for yet another BoB game. No doubt , if it comes from Oleg it will be a masterpiece , but the scenario is a bit ... rusty. I mean look at EAW , BoB , Jane's CFS1 , CFS3 and many others , was done to death. Nobody made a Med/N Africa game. And IL2 had potential for this. BoB from 1C , that's fine , decision is already taken , nothing to do now , but still sad about the Med theater. If you could understand this , which I highly doubt , then I'll buy you a beer. You name the place and the hour.

Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Zayets, I do understand your pain, believe me. You should take heart from the fact that the BoB is:

a. the best platform in which to develop a new, monster, graphics and physics engine.
b. will sell well, giving our hobby a long and prosperous life.
c. will bode well for the future, i.e. if the engine can cope with BoB it'll cope with anything, including the Med, Africa, Pacific.

I just think that the course of action chosen is the most logically sensible one and I think that you will eventually get your wish. Furthermore, if Oleg produces what he hinted at yesterday it will truly be a milestone, uber-detailed aircraft and landscape, superb physics and damage models, amazing graphics etc. It can only be a good thing that I am sure we will all enjoy when it becomes time to be 'one of the few', or 'one of the many' (Germans) /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

/m

p.s. You should have answered my Swallow question with 'african' or 'european' swallow /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif (from Monty Python)
p.p.s. I'll have a pint of 'Spitfire' please /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

</p>

Message Edited on 10/06/0302:09PM by ICAG_Bader

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 03:10 PM
ICAG_Bader wrote:
- I think you had better be careful with your repeated
- comments relating to Hitler and peoples posts, it's
- not the first time you have done this today. If you
- carry on like this ELEM I will make a formal
- complaint about you, you've been warned. I take
- exception to your comments relating to Hitler being
- 'pleased' with the way people post on here.
-
- This thread was created because you moaning sods
- should have a place to go, bit like the kitchen at
- parties, and you should let the people who are happy
- with the news be able to talk about it without
- having to put up with drivel from you lot. Of course
- you are entitled to your opinion, but lets agree to
- disagree and lets talk about our respective views on
- the merits of the new sim in threads where there are
- like-minded views.
-
- Matt.

Geez!! You really are getting out of your pram! And it's not the first time you've done that today.
Formal compliant eh! And what would that be, pray tell. "Please Oleg sir! ELEM and some other guys posting here are not overly enthusiastic about the setting of your next flight sim. Dont you think they should be banned for life! Oh yes, and while your at it, put all their family to death too".

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Okay its not Spanish Civil WAR, but Bader's got a point about BoB being the *best* way to start a new line of WW2 sims--if it is done right. Think about it....

If the radar/ground observer thing works well in Oleg BoB, it will work in any of Oleg's theater sims. Then it would be really ready for an 8th AirForce type of thing.

If the high altitude grafix work in Oleg BoB, it will work in any Oleg theater. (no more Pancake Earth)

If the anti~ship part works well, Oleg can make it work in any theater. Then it will be really ready for where it really counts in the Pacific.

Personally, I would rather have Spanish Civil WAR, a truly international war with aircraft from all nations, and all with the sexy skins. Not since the German Flying Circus were combat aircraft painted so sexy.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 04:01 PM
And again, someone mentioned flying for the Italians. The Italians were not known for their major role in the Battle of Britain, so I expect there'll be some other theatres in the pipeline.

Don't let that get in the way of a good whine though!

Personally, I'm very pleased with the BoB as a Brit, but even if it was a different theatre I'd still be really pleased because of the advances that are being talked about rather than the "where and when". I'm just glad 1C:Maddox are sticking with Flight Sims, WWII:RTS had me worried.

Cheers,

SSS

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Actually, there was one company that made a North Africa/Mediterranean sim, but they got axed for it by an unhappy parent company.

Apparently the North Africain/Mediterranean war is still considerably more controversial than most of the rest of the sections of WWII. There are various groups that do not like to be reminded of the times they fought for the Nazis.

Considering how we already have people compaining about 1C:Maddox Games doing a Battle of Britain scenario, without feeling they have had their nationalism insulted, this place would quickly become unihabitable if 1C:Maddox Games did a historically accurate North Africa sim, and I doubt Maddox is the sort of person to leave out an entire nationality, merely because they do not want to admit they were even involved.

Harry Voyager

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YQDLAswcqmIpvWP9dLzZVayPXOmo6IJ16aURujNfs4dDETH84 Q6eIkCbWQemjqF6O8ZfvzlsvUUauJyy9GYnKM6!o3fu!kBnWVh BgMt3q2T3BUQ8yjBBqECLxFaqXVV5U2kWiSIlq1s6VoaVvRqBy Q/Avatar%202%20500x500%20[final).jpg?dc=4675409848259594077

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 06:54 PM
ELEM wrote:

- I think Hitler and his cronies would be pleased to
- see the way some people post on this forum.

Godwin's Law invoked -- you lose.

---
"My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori."

-- Wilfred Owen,
"Dulce et Decorum est"

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 06:57 PM
People tend to disagree, Bader. Learn to live with it... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<center>http://www.spyderco.com/assets/product_images/medium/C07.jpg

'Smoke and a pancake?'</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 07:36 PM
I remember that Africa/Med flight sim, it got axed just as it was about to be released. Pity - but I am still very sure that 1C Maddox will add a Arica/Med and other add-ons to the BoB engine after it's release.

I look forward to the possible Africa/Med add ons as many South African squadrons partook and played a big role and continued in a big way into the Med and up into Italy. So then I could fly in one!

Well I suppose that until they come out I will have to be content in pretending to be one of the hundreds (If not thousands) of South Africans that voluntered to fly and fight for England in BoB - Like "Sailer" Malan (weird though that his first name was "Adolf"!)

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 08:56 PM
M.Beebe wrote:
- ELEM wrote:
-
-- I think Hitler and his cronies would be pleased to
-- see the way some people post on this forum.
-
-
-
-
- Godwin's Law invoked -- you lose.
-
-
I think the comparison is apt in this case, and besides...

"The Law is an ***"

P.S. See, the thread is not over yet!

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 09:15 PM
The BoB moaners should have stuffed the ballot box when they had the chance.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 09:18 PM
its just bob been done before /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
yes itll be amazing cos its oleg and co, and yes ill probably buy it.
but a med campaign would be more in the spirit of things of il2 i feel
tbh we need em to do the tropical fliters /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
and a map or 2 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
thats all thats needed, im probably wrong tho /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 10:17 PM
ELEM wrote:
-
-
- P.S. See, the thread is not over yet!

These type of threads NEVER end (sans interjection via moderator).

---
"My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori."

-- Wilfred Owen,
"Dulce et Decorum est"

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 11:06 PM
I hope that next sim doesn't forums.

If I would be the developer, I wouldn't pay any attention here. These forum have seldom any uselfull comments or information. If something is totally wrong in the game, e-mail works. This whining about upcoming BoB shows how mature some of these people are. Do you whine just because you can?

If you don't like that Oleg and his crew are doing Battle of Britain next, then so what? Some people don't like Pacific as a next teather, some people don't like Africa, some people don't like fish, some don't like ferraris.. Try to live with it! If you don't buy his next sim, then you don't. Someone else, who like BoB more than Eastern Front will.