PDA

View Full Version : Is Alliance Mode broken?

awsmith2006
07-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Seriously, I can NEVER get a match in Alliance Mode. I've tried everything: patience (waited an hour, no match) quitting multiplayer and returning, changing the Animus Update settings... I haven't played Alliance in months! It never works! What do I do?!

Kaiyoto
07-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Turn off all of your DLC's or change it to 2.0. You can change it in the menu in the same area you change the sound settings and stuff.

JTS_812
07-31-2011, 12:03 AM
I usually get matches on 0.0 and 2.0, never 3.0. I get matches fine sometimes and other's it takes a lot of patience, but the most traffic is normally on the weekends. I haven't played as much Alliance as I usually do, but these normally work for me.

awsmith2006
07-31-2011, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Kaiyoto2:
Turn off all of your DLC's or change it to 2.0. You can change it in the menu in the same area you change the sound settings and stuff.

Yes, as I said, I've tried that. That doesn't seem to help. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

weeklydose
07-31-2011, 01:44 AM
I guess you're just unlucky. I've been able to find at least four or five matches each week for the past three months. Sometimes that's all... but other weeks, I suddenly find up to ten matches.

Dropping down to Animus 0.0 works best for me and playing at certain days or hours also seems to help finding a match. Strangely enough, I usually don't find Alliance matches until later in the week, like Friday or Saturday.

obliviondoll
07-31-2011, 01:59 AM
As others have mentioned, 2.0 or nothing are the best.

2.0 seems to, in my experience, have slightly more players during the week, and DLC off is better over the weekend. Not a huge difference either way though, and even that pattern isn't entirely consistent. Might also depend when you play, but with myself and LaChatNoir having tested every hour available between us, there doesn't seem to be a particular downtime where we couldn't find matches.

Have you checked that you're not on NAT 3 or something? There might be a connection issue at your end that's slowing down the search... Might be worth checking.

awsmith2006
07-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Have you checked that you're not on NAT 3 or something? There might be a connection issue at your end that's slowing down the search... Might be worth checking.

Well, this is the only multiplayer mode that doesn't work. Everything else is fine, so it's not my internet connection.