PDA

View Full Version : Games Included in Il-2 1946

voinu
04-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Ok, I just want to know if these games are part of 1946: Il-2 (original)
Il-2: Operation Barbarossa
Il-2: Fall Blau
Battle over Europe
Rebirth of Honor.

blairgowrie
04-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the Forum.

I believe they are all paid addons m8. I have several of them but they are not part of iL2-1946

I_JG78_Max
04-14-2009, 03:56 PM
They are indeed all paid campaign addons. However Battle over Europe is somewhat special, as it does something with the dynamic campaign generator and some maps. So it is necessary to have BoE for some free campaign addons for example.

I hardly fly offline and never done a campaign, so please excuse my vague information. I am sure somebody here can tell you more details.

III/JG27_Max

voinu
04-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I have several of them but they are not part of iL2-1946

And the original really isn't included?

Although if it isn't, it would explain why most of the other 4 aren't as well...

crucislancer
04-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by voinu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have several of them but they are not part of iL2-1946

And the original really isn't included?

Although if it isn't, it would explain why most of the other 4 aren't as well... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IL-2 1946 is basically Forgotten Battles, Aces Expansion Pack, and Pacific Fighters patched up to v4.07, all on one dvd disc. One install, and then download the patch are you are pretty much current.

The campaigns from the original IL-2 Sturmovik are included with IL-2 1946, as well as some (but not all) of the original single player missions. As Forgotten Battles is basically the same game, there isn't any need for the original game to be included in this package.

The other 4 campaigns you mention are 3rd party paid add-ons, and would never be released with the core game.

Battle Over Europe would not work with the original IL-2, you would need at least Forgotten Battles and Aces Expansion Pack for it to work. It uses the DGen dynamic campaign generator that first appeared in Forgotten Battles.

Regarding the other 3 add-ons, I believe that at least one of them was for the original IL-2 Sturmovik. But, IL-2 1946 does have backwards compatibility, in that you can play missions and campaigns from older versions with the current version of the game.

I hope that helps.

voinu
04-14-2009, 04:21 PM
It does. Thank you all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

vrait
04-14-2009, 04:55 PM
"IL-2 1946 is a collection of all things IL-2 up until this point in time: every add-on, every campaign and every plane, over 300 of the things by the last count. It also contains three new expansions of its own: PE-2, Sturmoviks Over Manchuria, and 46 (after which the collection is half-named, confusingly) - all mercifully merged into a single installation."
- ign review

I just bought it from from amazon friday, and don't have it yet so I can't confirm. But it should have all the games and a few expansions.

JG52Karaya-X
04-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by vrait:
"IL-2 1946 is a collection of all things IL-2 up until this point in time: every add-on, every campaign and every plane, over 300 of the things by the last count. It also contains three new expansions of its own: PE-2, Sturmoviks Over Manchuria, and 46 (after which the collection is half-named, confusingly) - all mercifully merged into a single installation."
- ign review

I just bought it from from amazon friday, and don't have it yet so I can't confirm. But it should have all the games and a few expansions.

If you've got IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 then you've got all that you need to be up to date. Just throw the 4.08m patch on top and you got yourself a complete IL-2 collection (with the possible exception of the original IL-2 missions!?)

crucislancer
04-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by vrait:
- ign review

Here is the several page review of IL-2 1946 from simHQ: Review of IL-2 1946 (http://www.simhq.com/_air8/air_280a.html). This should give you an overview of what's included.

crucislancer
04-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by JG52Karaya-X:
Just throw the 4.08m patch on top and you got yourself a complete IL-2 collection (with the possible exception of the original IL-2 missions!?)

As I mentioned above, 1946 comes with the 3 campaigns from the original IL-2 Sturmovik (German Fighter, Russian Fighter and Russian Bomber), and some, but not all, of the single missions. It really is a complete package, anything else is either a 3rd party add-on or a user-created item.