PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at soundcheck

element1988
10-21-2011, 11:21 PM
ok so i just got this game and im stuck at soundcheck it keeps telling me to turn volume up on guitar and check connection... ive done so so many times over and over and not working....neither of my guitars are working with it i guess...bad cable or...what? please help me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

element1988
10-22-2011, 02:30 PM
anyone?

shaggydoug
10-22-2011, 03:26 PM
I got the same thing just this morning when I first plugged it in. I tried the guitar in my practice amp and it sounds normal. I've got active pickups but I don't think that's the problem because other users have tried it as well.

The best I can say is you're not alone. I'm hoping this problem is solvable. I haven't figured out a solution yet.

- shaggy

element1988
10-22-2011, 05:10 PM
i hope theres a solution to this we tried all night last night and to no avail... i even ended up cracking my radiator to get the LAST one in town >.<

theres gotta be something wrong... i am able to plug the cable in to my PC and hear the guitar thru my computer speakers...but the game isnt recognizing it on the 360 or something.... >.<

Coda05
10-22-2011, 05:25 PM
i had a bad cable as well, i got it replaced and its worked fine since.
When i returned mine, the guy said he was worried about the cable and was expecting a few people to come back....and i was the first.

element1988
10-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Smartieblue:
i had a bad cable as well, i got it replaced and its worked fine since.
When i returned mine, the guy said he was worried about the cable and was expecting a few people to come back....and i was the first.

do i have to take the whole game bundle back? or just the cord and get it replaced?

xxBuddhasPALMxx
10-22-2011, 06:00 PM
I had the same problem at first, but I just strummed my guitar like i was TRYING to break a string, lol, and then it worked

element1988
10-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by xxBuddhasPALMxx:
I had the same problem at first, but I just strummed my guitar like i was TRYING to break a string, lol, and then it worked

my roomate who knows how to play guitar tried that ..he was really trying hard but to no avail http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Coda05
10-22-2011, 07:11 PM
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> do i have to take the whole game bundle back? or just the cord and get it replaced? </pre>

i brought everything back just to be safe, and they just wrote it up as an exchange, they opened up a new box and just gave me a new cord and took the old one.

CircusMidget_TS
10-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Definitely try to replace it through the store, if they won't help you out with a replacement contact our technical support team and a replacement can be setup for you. Just be sure to hold onto your receipt to avoid replacement fees.

rednhax
10-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by element1988:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xxBuddhasPALMxx:

my roomate who knows how to play guitar tried that ..he was really trying hard but to no avail http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the same issue and I resolved it by strumming every string non stop(up/down) really hard.

SeattleSauve
10-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by rednhax:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by element1988:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xxBuddhasPALMxx:

my roomate who knows how to play guitar tried that ..he was really trying hard but to no avail http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the same issue and I resolved it by strumming every string non stop(up/down) really hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I also ran into this last night (with my volume knobs as high as they go). Strumming one string like a mad man didn't work, I tried strumming all strings like a mad man, and that didn't work, but then somehow if I strummed an open G chord like a mad man it made it past the threshold.

So I eventually got into the game, but wow it took a long time, and was painful. Once I was in the game worked no problem.

I'm wondering if your string guage makes a difference, I was on 9's.

jae382
11-13-2011, 09:30 PM
I just got the game and I can't pass soundcheck. I can only get the meter up a quarter of the way. My volume is maxed and I'm hitting the strings as hard as I can.

aetherech0s
11-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Try as someone said above and strum a single string instead of all of them.

Racherik
11-14-2011, 09:23 AM
The point of the soundcheck is for the game to calibrate to the absolute loudest you will possibly play, and to set the noise gate for when your not playing.

With this is mind, strum all the strings constantly non stop until it tells, you.

When the game tells you louder, you don't necessarily need too, just don't stop.

From the 5 or 6 profiles I've created, I usually can sound check in less than 45 seconds using a 6 string Em chord.

If you have active pickups make sure you have a good battery.

Racherik

Black_Widow9
11-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Please make sure you contact Ubisoft Support with this issue. The link is in my signature.

element1988
11-14-2011, 05:36 PM
ok...its been a few weeks....still having issues with this.... i bought 2 new cables for it and got them in the mail today.....NEITHER cable is working with EITHER guitar still -.-................we contacted support and nothing......everything they told us to try didnt work.....blah! need some help here!

SeattleSauve
11-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by element1988:
ok...its been a few weeks....still having issues with this.... i bought 2 new cables for it and got them in the mail today.....NEITHER cable is working with EITHER guitar still -.-................we contacted support and nothing......everything they told us to try didnt work.....blah! need some help here!

I seriously had to play a set of chords like a mad man for a few minutes to get past this screen. I was at the point where my arm was about to give up when it let me through.

kandied91z
11-15-2011, 10:44 PM
are you using the supplied bundled epiphone? i found that my toy electric guitar and i only say that as it was a guitar and amp $250 bundle from a guitar store years ago took much more work then the bundled epiphone jr that came with the game. I would suggest taking your guitars in to have them tuned up as it makes a big difference on how the game plays.

ZumaRocks
11-16-2011, 09:01 PM
I was one of the guys who said earlier in the thread that you had to hammer the strings but decided to try just strumming as other posters suggested. What I found was that I had to do steady strumming hitting the strings both on the downstroke AND the upstroke. Just hitting them on the downstroke only got me 1/2 way up the meter.

element1988
11-17-2011, 02:12 AM
what does the meter even look like? when it says "make some noise" it doesnt show a meter? just after 5 seconds of strumming it does the check your volume/conenction **** non stop until i get frustrated and shut the game off...never saw any meter....

ZumaRocks
11-17-2011, 03:51 AM
It's a rectangular box that fills up as you strum.

ZumaRocks
11-17-2011, 03:55 AM
Maybe it's the console then. Does it have another USB port you can use? Also, don't use any type of hub, just go straight into the port.

JudPainter
01-13-2013, 11:39 PM
I had this issue today. Once I placed my finger on all six strings on one fret and strummed up and down the yelllow light went all the way to the top. Then it had me palm mute the strings.
The trick is to get the light on the meter to hit the top.
I did'nt have to hit them that hard. I think it wants to hear all the strings at once

rcole_sooner
01-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Another thread resurection.

They are all over the place.

WaldoPepper99
01-15-2013, 01:21 PM
I sometimes play the game with my acoustic using a clip-in Fishman singlecoil pickup.

While my Strat and Tele work with no problem on the soundcheck, the Fishman needs a battery powered preamp to pass the check....

I once got it past the soundcheck without the preamp but with a lot of hard strumming, but it seems I was missing notes in the game...

MrBreadKiller
05-30-2014, 04:50 PM
When i play Rocksmith 2014 I get stuck in the calibration part. When i'm there nothing happens, they are no instructions and they don't tell me what to do.
Anyone know how to fix this?
Someone has the same problem?

rcole_sooner
05-30-2014, 06:20 PM
You may want to start your own thread on this in the support forum, but meanwhile...

What type of guitar are you using ... solid body electric ... acoustic .... hybrid?

The game should say what to do ... strum all the strings ... tune individual strings ... the game should say. What platform are you on?

What part of calibration are you stuck in? When you strum your guitar ... and strum it a lot and fast ... do you see any "meter" movement?

Or are you stuck at the tuning part after calibration?