PDA

View Full Version : ACR in-game outfits

TDM_NL
09-08-2011, 08:21 AM
hi,

I just had a quick question. I'm planning to buy the assassin's creed revelations animus edition, however i noticed that in the animus edition you get brutus' armor as an extra, in the special edition you get the turkish assassin armor. Now i'm wondering wheather or not you get the turkish assassin armor in the animus edition or that ubisoft asks me to buy both the animus and the special edition and then sell the 2nd game (which i think would be absurd). I hope you guys can clear this little problem up.

Kind regards,

TDM_NL

blazefp
09-08-2011, 08:28 AM
If you buy the animus edition, you get the brutus armor but not the turkish assassin armor. If you buy the special edition you get opposite.
Either way, both armors will probably be available to buy in the first DLC.

If you want my opinion, I'll buy the animus edition

EDIT: I said signature edition but I meant special edition sry for the mistake

reini03
09-08-2011, 08:28 AM
The brutus armour will only be in the Animus edition and the turkish assassin armour will only be in the special edition. You'd have to buy both if you'd like to get instant access to both. However, Ubisoft released for both AC II and Brotherhood DLC which included bonus stuff like armour and outfits. It's pretty likely that there will be DLC for ACR that will include those armours, but you would have to wait for a few months to actually get those.

EDIT: Okay, blazefp beat me to it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

CRUDFACE
09-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Who thought the Brutus armor would be good as a skin? Don't most people just wear it then skin yourself with another,? Like Ezio's Drachen armor or the Armor of Altair? Lol, it's like this big red goat stain on the animus edition.

MT4K
09-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
Who thought the Brutus armor would be good as a skin? Don't most people just wear it then skin yourself with another,? Like Ezio's Drachen armor or the Armor of Altair? Lol, it's like this big red goat stain on the animus edition.

It is a shame and i really think they should have put the Turkish Armour on there instead.

Who knows though maybe there's still time for them to change it if we ask them extremely nicely? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (Doubtful though hehe).

Dralight
09-08-2011, 10:07 AM
I have a feeling that the "One exclusive customisation item" that is also listed in the Animus editions contents might actually be the Turkish Assassin armor. I could be wrong and maybe it is just exclusive to the special edition for now but who knows.

Either way, the Animus Edition is definitely worth getting over the Special Edition IMO.

CRUDFACE
09-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by MT4K:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

It is a shame and i really think they should have put the Turkish Armour on there instead.

Who knows though maybe there's still time for them to change it if we ask them extremely nicely? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (Doubtful though hehe). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try giving them this look http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif , maybe they'll have a change of heart, lol

Even though I can't get it, I'm really waiting to see what the Turkish armor looks like. But I think it's to give the special edition something, well, special since the animus edition has everything in it and the Signature edition has...no costumes? Damn it.

blazefp
09-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Dralight:
I have a feeling that the "One exclusive customisation item" that is also listed in the Animus editions contents might actually be the Turkish Assassin armor. I could be wrong and maybe it is just exclusive to the special edition for now but who knows.

Either way, the Animus Edition is definitely worth getting over the Special Edition IMO.

Isn't that for MP?

Dralight
09-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dralight:

Isn't that for MP? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, that would make sense too. I don't think any specific details have been given about it though so i was just taking a guess.

TDM_NL
09-08-2011, 12:14 PM
well to be honest i'd really like that they would switch the brutus armor with the turkish assassins armor. and i think it's really weird that with the special edition you get a sweet outfit, with the collectors edition you get no extra armors and with the most expensive and sweetest edition you get the ..., well "not so beautiful" brutus' armor....

i think it's a real scam of ubi to let us buy 2 editions to have both armors....

well hopefully they'll switch them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

grtz

CRUDFACE
09-08-2011, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dralight:

Isn't that for MP? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for Multiplayer, I think they're going to have an Ezio in Altair's outfit for it. But at least the Special edition gets something. Though tbh, switch the Brutus Armor with the Armor of Altair.

Krayus Korianis
09-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm just going to wait for DLC for AC:R to be released. Because we all know the "exclusives" for certain editions won't be exclusive for long with Ubisoft.

Look at the DLC for Xbox/PS3, The da Vinci Disappearance. It included the two Templar Lairs (Aqueducts and Trajan Market), the Helmschmied Drachen Armor and the two Pre-Order MP Characters the Officer and Harlequin.

CRUDFACE
09-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
I'm just going to wait for DLC for AC:R to be released. Because we all know the "exclusives" for certain editions won't be exclusive for long with Ubisoft.

Look at the DLC for Xbox/PS3, The da Vinci Disappearance. It included the two Templar Lairs (Aqueducts and Trajan Market), the Helmschmied Drachen Armor and the two Pre-Order MP Characters the Officer and Harlequin.

True, but at least with this you won't have to pay extra for it, yah know? Especially since 20 bucks equals 1600 points and it might run you that much or close to it to buy the other things. But the animus edition is more about the physical than the downloadable.

TDM_NL
09-09-2011, 12:52 AM
yes, it most probably will be available in DLC, however i think it would be absurd of ubisoft to let us pay over 100 euro's (i live in holland) and then after that let us pay 20 more to get a armor the cheapes "collectors edition" gets... it think it's in one word absurd. i hope they get a change of heart and read these forums so they switch brutus' armor with altaïr ibn la-ahad's or the turkish assassins armor...

reini03
09-09-2011, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by TDM_NL:
yes, it most probably will be available in DLC, however i think it would be absurd of ubisoft to let us pay over 100 euro's (i live in holland) and then after that let us pay 20 more to get a armor the cheapes "collectors edition" gets... it think it's in one word absurd. i hope they get a change of heart and read these forums so they switch brutus' armor with altaïr ibn la-ahad's or the turkish assassins armor...
The Collector Edition doesn't even have any extra armour... also, when did DLC start to cost 20€?

TDM_NL
09-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TDM_NL:
The Collector Edition doesn't even have any extra armour... also, when did DLC start to cost 20€? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with the "cheapest collector's edition" i meant the special edition. 'cause if you look at it there are 3 "collector editions" named: special edition, collector's ecition and animus edition.

and about the DLC being 20€ wasn't meant to be acurate but to be overdramatic, because i think it's just absurd that ubi let's the true fans that are dying to buy the animus edition pay double...

reini03
09-09-2011, 07:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TDM_NL:
The Collector Edition doesn't even have any extra armour... also, when did DLC start to cost 20€? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with the "cheapest collector's edition" i meant the special edition. 'cause if you look at it there are 3 "collector editions" named: special edition, collector's ecition and animus edition.

and about the DLC being 20€ wasn't meant to be acurate but to be overdramatic, because i think it's just absurd that ubi let's the true fans that are dying to buy the animus edition pay double... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I misunderstood what you were trying to say :/

TDM_NL
09-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:

and about the DLC being 20€ wasn't meant to be acurate but to be overdramatic, because i think it's just absurd that ubi let's the true fans that are dying to buy the animus edition pay double... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I misunderstood what you were trying to say :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no problem, that's why it's a forum where you can discuss right?

but nevertheless, the point is still that ubi should either put both armors in the animus edition or only the turkish assassin armor or altaïr's and leave brutus' to be destroyed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
09-09-2011, 08:30 AM

but nevertheless, the point is still that ubi should either put both armors in the animus edition or only the turkish assassin armor or altaïr's and leave brutus' to be destroyed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I would have liked that too, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Either way it's quite likely that you'll eventually get access to both, regardless of which edition you got, as long as you're willing to pay for it.

blazefp
09-09-2011, 08:43 AM
I think there should be a "ultimate" edition where you could get all the extras of the other editions. I would cost more 150 euros I guess but I would choose it anyway

TDM_NL
09-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:

I would have liked that too, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Either way it's quite likely that you'll eventually get access to both, regardless of which edition you got, as long as you're willing to pay for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah that's exactly what i think is ridicilous, they are actually saying: to all our dedicated fans that buy the most expensive edition: we're gonna screw you, 'cause if you want everything you're gonna pay twice...

isn't that a little bit stupid? so i hope ubi reads this thread, and are willing to listen to it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
09-09-2011, 03:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I would have liked that too, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Either way it's quite likely that you'll eventually get access to both, regardless of which edition you got, as long as you're willing to pay for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah that's exactly what i think is ridicilous, they are actually saying: to all our dedicated fans that buy the most expensive edition: we're gonna screw you, 'cause if you want everything you're gonna pay twice...

isn't that a little bit stupid? so i hope ubi reads this thread, and are willing to listen to it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Meh, you can't always have everything your way. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for it. I'm just glad I can get all this cool stuff along with the game :P

Krayus Korianis
09-09-2011, 11:20 PM
I think there should be a "ultimate" edition where you could get all the extras of the other editions. I would cost more 150 euros I guess but I would choose it anyway

If that were to happen, there should also be an American/US NTSC version too. But that won't happen with Ubisoft, they like to give the higher versions to the UK not the US /cry

The comments about DLC costing 20 or more pounds/euros/dollars, the fact you did that for overdramatization of something that shouldn't even bother you is something. DLC for AC:B costs 800 MSP the equivalent of 9.99 Pounds/Dollars for both consoles, and you get the extras PLUS the DLC for Da Vinci's disappearance.

TenHusky
09-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Look at it this way also~

you will likely be able to get those outfits with Uplay points as well! not just purchasable DLC.

Hell in brotherhood I have all the outfits via uplay points, didn't spend a dime... only one I don't have is the one that comes with the leonardo DLC... and even if I do buy that one, it won't be for the outfit, it'll be for the in game content!

however, I don't particularly like the 'outfits' that transcribe over your character's ingame model. I prefer to see how I'm progressing with armor! also, the outfits override some things. like in cutscenes where you're wearing the guards armor, you're still magically wearing your outfit. kills the immersion for me. nope. don't use outfits till I'm done with main campaign and am just fooling around after.

besides, here's hoping that the 'secret item collection' armor will be totally and completely badass! armor of brutus left me wanting WAY more, it was ugly as sin compared to the armor of altair. Revelations needs to step its game up with the unlockable armor!~

swiftkinfe
09-11-2011, 06:17 AM
At a later point he has gotten the armor of Altair back and I cant imagine he would forget about Altair's all throughout Revelations to have it in Embers time frame when he is hardly doing much Assassinating. The beard on Ezio with the brutus skin is still the same as his revelations one only grayer meaning Ezio wore it again? Why?

I cant help but think how much UBI laughed at this.Didn't we have 10,000 threads on how much we hated Brutus? And that most people put it on WITH a skin. I guess they are giving back Altair's armor as Brutus is shafted.