PDA

View Full Version : Codes within codes, possibly *spoilers*

itsamea-mario
01-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Has anyone elso noticed in some of the glyph puzzles there are other things that are there that are not the subject but are intersesting, eg the niel armstrong one, did anyone scan the flag i cant remember but was that the turin shroud, or a templar flag. Anyway back to the title in some of them i found things like a=c then i found a load of scramble letters with space inbetween, at the time i only decipherd a few words, im thinking that a=c then thats a two letter shift and the scrambled letters must be shifted with the retrospective shift e.g. b=d and c=e, also im sure there are other codes. i dont know if they have any importance or significance or if they are just something a developer put in fo no reason, if anyone has noticed these things please say and even better if you have sloved the codes.

DLTyrus
01-15-2010, 12:09 PM
There are lots more like this, yes, they are usually things like Caesar Ciphers (what you described) or words encoded in morse code, binary, hex, etc.

While not intergral to the plot, if you decode the messages and look into the places etc. that they talk about, you can find out some history that Ubisoft are clearly implying is involved in the Assassin/Templar conspiracy, etc.

There are a few sites, the Assassin's Creed wiki as one of the, that have "guides" that tell you what all the hidden messages etc. say.

itsamea-mario
01-15-2010, 12:14 PM
DAMN i wished id been bothered to slolve all of them whilst i was doin them, thanks anyway ill check that out.

OzDavis
01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
There's a rather lengthy thread on these here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/3521037408).

BK-110
01-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Has anyone elso noticed in some of the glyph puzzles there are other things that are there that are not the subject but are intersesting, eg the niel armstrong one, did anyone scan the flag i cant remember but was that the turin shroud, or a templar flag. Anyway back to the title in some of them i found things like a=c then i found a load of scramble letters with space inbetween, at the time i only decipherd a few words, im thinking that a=c then thats a two letter shift and the scrambled letters must be shifted with the retrospective shift e.g. b=d and c=e, also im sure there are other codes. i dont know if they have any importance or significance or if they are just something a developer put in fo no reason, if anyone has noticed these things please say and even better if you have sloved the codes.

I'm pretty sure the "x=y" things are meant for the code wheels. If the inner wheel has an "x" on the top and the outer has a "y" somewhere, you're supposed to align those two to find the rest of the matching pairs you need.

DLTyrus
01-15-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm pretty sure the "x=y" things are meant for the code wheels. If the inner wheel has an "x" on the top and the outer has a "y" somewhere, you're supposed to align those two to find the rest of the matching pairs you need.

I think the "A=C" itsamea refers to is in the Tesla picture, and its the key for the cipher that tells you about the Telefunken Wireless Station. Anyway, there may be more then one occurance of "A=C", but I'm fairly sure all the code wheels were either numbers or symbols, rather than letters.

itsamea-mario
01-16-2010, 08:21 AM
yeah im not talkin about the code wheels, i said that these codes werent the subject of the glyth, they were just something i found whilst lookung around, usually in the picture ones, one example is the edison one, theres an orb producing electricty, run the scanner over that and youll se A=C then move over to the electricity being emitted and youll see a load of scrambled letters. another example is the tesla one. they are not used for the the glyph itself but they say something that you need to work out (well dont need to you can just ignore them).

Black_Widow9
01-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Please look here-
Hidden numbers in gylph challenges for the truth (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/3521037408/p/1)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>