PDA

View Full Version : How do I determine if my PF load is merged or not.

sdreagan
12-31-2004, 02:00 AM
I have FB and AEP on my hard drive in a different UbiSoft directory than PF. I didn't create it... it just happened when I loaded PF. I'm trying to upgrade to 3.03 (3.03m) but am not sure which is correct. If a merged load allows me to access all three games from the same main menu... then that's what I want. I would also like to participate online at Ubi.com and it appears that most folks are electing the merged mode.
Scott...

sdreagan
12-31-2004, 02:00 AM
I have FB and AEP on my hard drive in a different UbiSoft directory than PF. I didn't create it... it just happened when I loaded PF. I'm trying to upgrade to 3.03 (3.03m) but am not sure which is correct. If a merged load allows me to access all three games from the same main menu... then that's what I want. I would also like to participate online at Ubi.com and it appears that most folks are electing the merged mode.
Scott...

x6BL_Brando
12-31-2004, 05:50 AM
It sounds like you loaded PF as a standalone. I think you need to try loading the merged version as well. Use that option to create the FB,AEP+PF version -you may need to direct the install to your FBAEP folder - and then upgrade either or both versions, bearing in mind that 3.xxm denotes the merged game, while 3.xx updates are for the standalone.

sdreagan
12-31-2004, 07:53 AM
It's an option? My autoload function is not working... I get an error and have to load manually... Where can I select a merge option?
Scott...

Udidtoo
12-31-2004, 10:12 AM
If you already have FB/AEP installed on your HD when you insert the red No.1 disc that ships with PF it will ask you which of 2 possible options do you wish to do...Install PF stand alone or install the merged.

Simply select the merged option and when finished you will hav a new desktop icon in place of the one the used to be there for FB/AEP along with a bucket load of new possibiities. Don't forget to patch up to 3.03m

sdreagan
01-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks, I've solved my problem. My autoload feature is not working and I didn't select the correct manual .exe file. Now everything is great.