PDA

View Full Version : Amending existing difficulty levels?

Mike Dora
08-29-2010, 03:50 PM
is there any way of amending the existing difficulty levels for a pilot career? I have quite a few careers going with Gunnery set to "non-realistic", and would like to change these to "realistic". Is there a file I can edit, where and how?

Thanks

FoolTrottel
08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Too bad, there's no way of changing the difficulty setting once you've started the campaign ...

Restart it from scratch, using the settings you like ...

Treetop64
08-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Yep.

Once you've selected your difficulty levels and started a campaign, you're committed.

As FoolTrottel already stated, continue or start over.

WTE_Galway
08-29-2010, 09:07 PM
When you restart I am fairly certain there is an option to start the career at a later stage so just start from where you were up to in the old campaign and set your rank at whatever you got up to.

Of course you will not have all your old medals and kills, but the existing ones were earned with non realistic gunnery so shouldn't really count anyway.

il2battle
08-30-2010, 06:30 AM
Yes like has been pointed above, but WTE been right also.

With user made campaigns you can edit campaign.ini file and deleting missions you have already fly, so you can start all over from where you been right now.

With stock campaigns (dgen) there ain't missions in campaign.ini file before you play the mission (if I have understand that right), so they been writing (creating) when you start the next mission.
Although there should be missions, which you have played, but I don't know if you can edit them somehow (like copy old campaign.ini file and paste it back to the new campaign, after starting again. You can test, but with your own risk.)

Notice, if you are going to edit something, you could screw them up.
I mean, if you edit campaign when it still exiting in game, it could delete all your campaigns under that pilot (character). So before you do anything - back up - and delete campaing from game menu, before doing anything for it in game folder.

Example warning - I install one campaing under my Japanese pilot, like I have understand it belongs there. After starting the campaign, I notice it belongs under my Us pilot. So I go back to my game folder and move the campaing folder under Us. Well the campaing works, but I lost all campaign from game menu, which been under Japanese pilot. What I done wrong - I didn't delete the campaign from game menu, bofere moving it. And no - it didn't help that I move it back. Now I have been understand that I may have get them back other ways, but didn't know that back then. - end of warning.

Hope this helps.

Mike Dora
08-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks chaps. Suspected that would be the case.

mortoma
08-30-2010, 09:32 PM
As stated correctly, difficulty settings are locked in once a Dgen campaign career is started. But control settings can be changed at any time, for example if you wanted to change the command keys that lock your tail wheel to some other key command, you could do so.

Also, you can change convergence of guns/cannons, time delay of bombs and even default weapon load outs. Also at any time you can change bombing attack altitude, cruise speed to and from target and cruise altitude.

And you can change the aircraft you fly at any time, with the exception of aircraft added in 4.09 and of course mod add-on planes. For those exceptions, to fly those planes you have to edit the mission files manually in a text editor like notepad or do it in Full Mission Builder. And you must do it before each mission.