PDA

View Full Version : German Fighter ??

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 02:20 PM
Being new to FB, I've only flown Yak1-9 and La5-7s. When I do fly a German plane, I have lots of trouble ( especially the Fw190A versions which is suppose to be an amazing figher). What, briefly, are the fundamental tactics for Fw190 and Bf109s. Also, where can I get more detailed info once I get the basics

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 02:20 PM
Being new to FB, I've only flown Yak1-9 and La5-7s. When I do fly a German plane, I have lots of trouble ( especially the Fw190A versions which is suppose to be an amazing figher). What, briefly, are the fundamental tactics for Fw190 and Bf109s. Also, where can I get more detailed info once I get the basics

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 02:32 PM
Since the Russian fighters are much more nimble and maneuverable than their German counterparts, you should use hit and run tactics (especially for the 190). Always try to keep your speed above 300 km/h. This takes time, one has to be patient with these tactics. The 109s usually have a very good climb rate, try to use this to your advantage.

Auf SimHQ unterwegs als Hondo

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 02:33 PM
VVS-fighters are much more newbie-friendly.. if you just started to play FB, you can forget flying FW190.. atleast until the patch, which should improve FW190 quite a bit..

BF109 is your choise.. depens on versions.. On early war servers BF109F4 is the best, you can turn fight with Yaks equally, and outclimb them.. Try to start fight with energy advantage.. As later VVS-planes arrives (LA-5FN/La-7/Yak9/Yak-3) it gets harder and harder.. BF109 K4 is the fastest, but not so agile.. you should conduct Boom&zoom-tactics.. and never turn into Turn fights with Yaks/LAs or you will be eaten alive.. 109 K-4 on late war servers is untouchable in terms of speed and climb, if used properly.. however you will loose turns fights..

You can try switching Late Gs, like 109 G-10 and G-14.. G-14 is almost as good turn fighter as Yak-3.. but bit slower.. Starting the fight with E-advantage is the key.. And convergence.. MK108 on Late 109s is bit tricky to use for newbie, but once you get used to it is a powerfull weapon.. after the patch atleast.. one shot should be enough to blow any Yaks / LAs.. I use 150 meters convergience for cannon, and 300 m for Machine guns..

Also if you fly G6, you can try switchin between MK108 and MG151/20.. some people find MG151/20 to be better at FB 1.0..

FW-190 is a hard experience.. not only it is hard to do deflection shooting with cramped gunsight visibility, but also because climb rate in FW190 in FB 1.0 is underrated.. your only advantage is speed and gun power.. 4x 20 mm is enough to kill any VVS plane with one good burst.. Starting a fight with Big E-advantage is a must.. you will be beaten in turn fights, as FW-190 is very poor at turn fights.. Wait for the patch, after that FW-190 should actually become more competetive..

Official Sig:

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez4.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Stick to the 109F4. It can beat all the Russian planes. It's a little harder against the Yak3 and La5FN/La7, but it still can be done. It feels good beating a 44 plane with a 41 plane too../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
F4..The Best BF109

<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/marse5.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 07:37 PM
that's funny, I used the F-4 all the time offline, but got my butt kicked online, maybe I should give it more time ?!

THNX

Too bad about the FW-190

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 11:27 PM
190s are my fave planes, A6 is not in FB so I prefer the A5 the most.

Starting to fly them you have to memorize:

DON`T EVER TURN HORIZONTALLY.

NEVER EVER TURN WITH A BREAKING ENEMY.

As you get a feel for them, the big energy bleed in horizontal turns becomes a tactical opportunizy for finishing moves or reducing closure rate.

But at the beginning, if the enemy turns just zoom up and reverse vertically to come in again and bleed the E out of your enemy, who has to turn to avoid the big hammer in the form of 4 20mm cannon.

Once he`s slow enough, he wont be able to evade sufficiently. That`s when you nail him with a short burst.

Re-evaluate threats as you zoom away from the fight and start BnZing the biggest threat.

But remember to NEVER EVER TURN HORIZONTALLY unless you`re absolutely sure you will kill in the SAME PASS.

As you get familiar with the 190s, your tactics will diversify by themselves. The worst thing in a 190 is to be low and slow, where the turnfighting capable planes will eat you alive.

Stay high, stay fast, conserve E and let THEM do the stick yanking.