PDA

View Full Version : playable Gunner seats in multiplayer

laochthescott
02-21-2005, 03:02 PM
I would love to see the gunner seats playable in multiplayer adversarial on line play. It would make it much more realistic when level bombing a target

JunkoIfurita
02-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Not on dogfight servers, unfortunately. Just a little too difficult to implement, considering that planes are selected and re-flown dynamically, inside the game.

Try some of the rare co-op servers, though. When flying in the co-op game mode, you select your plane and position prior to the mission - so, for example, you could select the pilot position and your buddy could select the rear-gunner position. In large bombers, such as the heinkel 111, I think only the pilot can change positions with 'c' - so if you have one friend flying rear gunner, he's stuck there while the pilot can change between the other positions.

----

Yimmy
02-21-2005, 05:06 PM
What would be helpful, is if one could be the bombardier while the other is the pilot.

Whenever I am trying to level bomb, I can never get the trim exactly on.... at some point when I am the bombardier the aircraft always turns that tiny bit too far and throws out the aimer....

StG77_Fritz_X
02-21-2005, 05:27 PM
In a DF server you can level stabilize the bomber and man a gunner position.

In COOP you can have multiple crews. The pilot can switch to bombardier position and the gunners can switch to any of the open gunner stations.