PDA

View Full Version : Online play question

amisdadog
01-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Im sorry if this question has been asked lots before, but I cannot play online. the instructions say to change the settings from LAN to internet, but i dont see that option in the hardware settings menu.

thanks in advance

amisdadog
01-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Im sorry if this question has been asked lots before, but I cannot play online. the instructions say to change the settings from LAN to internet, but i dont see that option in the hardware settings menu.

thanks in advance

Maj_Death
01-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Ignore the manuel when it comes to multiplayer. Download the Hyperlobby client, create an account and play there. About 80% of PF players play through Hyperlobby.

Gawwad
01-16-2005, 02:09 AM
U can get it here http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/ .
U can also use ubi softs own "Ubi.com" but as Maj_Death said: everyone plays on HL.

amisdadog
01-16-2005, 12:51 PM
how long does it take for the website to email you your account password?

thanks for the help

amisdadog
01-16-2005, 12:57 PM
ok i probably sound like an idiot by now, but when i download the hyperlobby thing there is no pacific fighters option to choose when you login. should i just use il2 sturmovik or what?????

Troll2k
01-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Just choose forgotten battle room.

Your Lobby username name and password is a totally different item from your username name and password on the HL site.Not at all related.

If you have only the Pacific Fighters install there is only 1 standalone server there.You might be better off trying Ubi.com which has a few servers.Most people at HyperLobby fly the merged install.(fb+aep+pf)

I believe there is a copy of the Ubi game service software(gs4,I think)on one of the Pacific fighters cds.If not you can go the the Pacific fighters website and click on "play online "on the middle right hand side.It will take you to the online game page.Try getting in a game and it will say you need the software and it will download it for you.

The ingame multiplayer screen is for lan and ip connections only.

Maj_Death
01-17-2005, 06:25 PM
If you decide to play on ubi.com instead, your forum user name and password are what you will use to log into the ubi.com service. If you use Hyperlobby, then your name and password are totally unrelated as has already been said. Hyperlobby (HL for short) is easy to set up. Simply install the software, run it, type in your desired user name and password and click connect. It will then ask you to confirm password to create a new account and then you can go play. To play pacific fighters you will need to click on the Forgotten Battles room on the connection screen.