PDA

View Full Version : Skins online

Dew-Claw
08-11-2005, 10:19 AM
I do up some of my own skins,as do some of you,and fly them online.
Most servers don't have the skin downloads active for lag reasons.
This is a shame, I have the bandwidth and the muscle to not be adversly affected, but many don't so I understand.

I was just wondering, and I'm just throwing it out there, but it seems to me, that problem could be eased by restricting skin downloads to the client to the mission briefing and arming screens.
at any point only a couple of exchanges would be taking place at anytime.

Just seems to be a shame that function can't be utilized more.

Dew-Claw
08-11-2005, 10:19 AM
I do up some of my own skins,as do some of you,and fly them online.
Most servers don't have the skin downloads active for lag reasons.
This is a shame, I have the bandwidth and the muscle to not be adversly affected, but many don't so I understand.

I was just wondering, and I'm just throwing it out there, but it seems to me, that problem could be eased by restricting skin downloads to the client to the mission briefing and arming screens.
at any point only a couple of exchanges would be taking place at anytime.

Just seems to be a shame that function can't be utilized more.

SlickStick
08-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Excellent idea!!! I wonder if it's ever been brought up in ORR before. It would seem to me that if it is really possible, it would be the obvious choice to upload/download skins at the arming/briefing screen.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Dew-Claw
08-12-2005, 08:39 AM
Thank you.
I'm betting its been hashed out at one time or another, but you never know.

I would like to see some of my favorite servers, maybe, run a "skin exchange Day" where the skins download is on for a day with prior warning of course.
(looks in the direction of the War Clouds and the Zeke vs....oh yea, and the Spit vs Admins)

I doon't want to mention any names...but you know who you are http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

waffen-79
08-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey Dew-claw I agree with you 110%!

But I have a question, If my kamrades and I have the same pack of skins, can they see the skins? even if Skins is turned offin server? or the game bypasses the skins

TheGozr
08-12-2005, 11:34 AM
NO for just above.

Look well you'll see it, It is part of the best servers. It have it all and it is not named

Ask Monguse for infos.