PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to map wheel on X52 to scroll wheel?

bchivers3377
02-05-2007, 04:06 PM
I would like to try and use the wheel on the throttle for my elevator trim. Don't know how to map it as such. Thought maybe I could map it to the scroll wheel on my mouse and then map the mouse to the elevator trim but haven't been able to figure that one out either.

XyZspineZyX
02-05-2007, 04:33 PM
go in the Hotas setup in the controls section of the game. Then move the desired axis for elevator trim after you have clicked to select it.

BadA1m
02-05-2007, 04:45 PM
You can also map a repeating keystroke for both up and down. I have mine mapped to "manual gear" it makes flying the F4F and the I-16 much easier and also improves your chances of getting the gear pumped down on a shot up plane BEFORE you crash.

bchivers3377
02-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Skunk241981:
go in the Hotas setup in the controls section of the game. Then move the desired axis for elevator trim after you have clicked to select it.
I have tried this but the wheel on the trottle doesn,tseem to do anything. EG. If I move the slider it says U-Slider but if I mave the wheel nothing happens.
"You can also map a repeating keystroke for both up and down."
I don't know how to map both up and down at the same time. I was hoping to be able to do it through the Hotas control as Skunk suggested.

Bearcat99
02-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by bchivers3377:
I would like to try and use the wheel on the throttle for my elevator trim. Don't know how to map it as such. Thought maybe I could map it to the scroll wheel on my mouse and then map the mouse to the elevator trim but haven't been able to figure that one out either.

You might want to use that for rudder trim since you can use the ball to make sure you are centered.... I ould use one of the knobs for elevator trim.... they have detents in them don't they?

bchivers3377
02-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
[QUOTE]
You might want to use that for rudder trim since you can use the ball to make sure you are centered.... I ould use one of the knobs for elevator trim.... they have detents in them don't they?
I use one of them now but the problem is that they are too sensitive. I can't trim the elevators with it. It's either too much or too little.