PDA

View Full Version : P-40E and A6M2 in IL-2 AEP

leitmotiv
10-31-2004, 07:27 AM
Dear Mr. Maddox,
I am profoundly grateful for your superb
simulators. Never have I experienced such a
thrill as to be able to put into action the
aircraft I have studied for most of 52 years.
My only regret is that I am a geezer and can't
react as quickly as is required to throw a fighter around the virtual sky. I have only two serious complaints. The first concerns
the high altitude performance of the P-40E. She is quite lively at 7500 meters. This certainly does not agree with the historical record for this aircraft. The A6M2, conversely, is sluggish at 7500 meters. This is a surprising reversal of the characters of
these aircraft. Is this as intended, or is my computer daft? I have all the patches installed, and I haven't noticed anything irregular about any of the other aircraft of IL-2 AEP. I would appreciate any comments from you. My favorite "mount" is the Chaika. Dueling with a crazed Swede J8A is my favorite opponent (what did you put in the AI for them?
I know Swedes are wild, I'm half-Swedish, but
those AI J8A drivers are AMAZING!).
Sincerely, Jeff Spencer

leitmotiv
10-31-2004, 07:27 AM
Dear Mr. Maddox,
I am profoundly grateful for your superb
simulators. Never have I experienced such a
thrill as to be able to put into action the
aircraft I have studied for most of 52 years.
My only regret is that I am a geezer and can't
react as quickly as is required to throw a fighter around the virtual sky. I have only two serious complaints. The first concerns
the high altitude performance of the P-40E. She is quite lively at 7500 meters. This certainly does not agree with the historical record for this aircraft. The A6M2, conversely, is sluggish at 7500 meters. This is a surprising reversal of the characters of
these aircraft. Is this as intended, or is my computer daft? I have all the patches installed, and I haven't noticed anything irregular about any of the other aircraft of IL-2 AEP. I would appreciate any comments from you. My favorite "mount" is the Chaika. Dueling with a crazed Swede J8A is my favorite opponent (what did you put in the AI for them?
I know Swedes are wild, I'm half-Swedish, but
those AI J8A drivers are AMAZING!).
Sincerely, Jeff Spencer