PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Campaigns

McGib
12-24-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm fairly new to Il2 and really enjoying the game. I'm wondering if there is a list of user made campaigns, in particular Battle of France, Malta and Battle of Britian.

Ba5tard5word
12-25-2008, 02:38 AM
Go to mission4today.com and see what you can find by searching the downloads.

Unfortunately Il-2 doesn't have many maps for the western front (most maps are for the Eastern Front or Pacific) but the mod versions have a map for Malta and some for Britain I think, check out AAA (All Aircraft Arcade) for mods.

crucislancer
12-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by McGib:
I'm fairly new to Il2 and really enjoying the game. I'm wondering if there is a list of user made campaigns, in particular Battle of France, Malta and Battle of Britian.

While Ba5tard5word is right, there are few ETO maps, some campaign makers have used other maps as substitutes. Here are some that you can find at mission4today.com, with the map they use as a substitute:

Battle of Britain-Hurricane Season: Kuban map
Battle of Britain-Spit N' Fire: Kuban Map
Fortress Malta: Hawaii map
RAF Pilot-France: Kurland map

These are popular campaigns, you should give them a try when you can.

McGib
12-28-2008, 07:12 PM
How do you start these campaigns? I've tried and can't find anything in game to do it.

relcox
12-28-2008, 07:20 PM
How do you start these campaigns? I've tried and can't find anything in game to do it.

AFAIK read the readme after downloading, should tell you. (that's repeated advice to me)

Zeus-cat
12-28-2008, 08:32 PM
You have to download and install these campaigns. Mission4Today (M4T) is a good place to look. There are other sites too. Most people wil put a readme file in the download that tells you exactly where to install the campaign so that it works.

ChivasRox
12-31-2008, 08:23 AM
Hey Zeus,

Just installed 1946 yesterday and patched to 4.08m. I had the original IL-2 in 2001 and thought there were more missions where you start on the ground at an airfield, and could just free fly and learn the systems, etc. Anyway, saw your "Straight from the Farm" campaign at M4T. Stupid question, where exactly do you download campaigns into the game? What folder should I extract too? I see on your "Straight Shot" that to play, unzip to: Missions/Campaign/JA. Didn't see any direction on The Farm campaign.

Thanks!

FlatSpinMan
12-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Pretty sure it goes into Missions>Campaigns>UN or USMC.

If you want to play the Battle of France and get the hang of flying and fighting in a cra p Hurricane, try my RAF Pilot:Battle of France campaign.
FlatSpinMan campaigns (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=search&sa=104)
There are directions in the readme but basically just unzip it to your main Il2 folder in Program Files.

Zeus-cat
12-31-2008, 09:03 AM
I put install info in the readme files with each of my campaigns.

For Straight From the Farm do this:

1) Find your IL-2 main directory. The default will be in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946. If you installed it some where else you need to find it

2) Find the appropriate country folder for the campaign under the Missions\Campaigns folders. My Straight From the Farm campaign goes into the US folder. C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Campaigns\US

3) Unzip the downloaded campaign file to a temporary directory

4) Read the readme if the author supplied one. These are usually Notepad or Word files. This should tell you the proper country folder to use.

5) Copy the campaign folder (Straight_From_the_Farm) to the appropriate country folder. The campaign folder has all of the missions and other files in it. Just copy the entire folder and all of the files in it to the country folder. Do not take the missions out of the folder and do not delete any of these files. I've had people do this and they spend 2 or 3 days trying to get the campaign to work before they copy the files correctly.

6) Start the game and go to pilot careers. You can't add campaigns to the game when the game is running. Campaigns are only loaded at game startup.

7) Select new

8) Select the proper country

9) Find the campaign in the drop down menu.

Doolittle81
12-31-2008, 01:07 PM
...I'm wondering if there is a list of user made campaigns, in particular ...Battle of Britian.

Not Battle of Britain, but I recommend RAF Cross Channel operations in 41-42, using the wonderful Map (Beta by Canon) of southeast England and channel. The campaign is called "Biggin Hill Campaign". You'll need todownload and install the Map, Campaign at AAA website. It's well worth the effort to install. The 'Campaign pack' includes a couple of new acft and skins, as well as all new British RAF radio chatter which is Very Immersive. Follow installation instructions carefully and you should have no problems.

ChivasRox
12-31-2008, 01:14 PM
Zeus, Thanks for the detailed info. So the readme's are usually in the dowmload...makes sense of course, but your intro of Straight/Farm at M4T was so detailed, I thought that was the readme. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

OK, should be no problem. Look forward to checking it out shortly. Thanks!!

Happy New Year to all