PDA

View Full Version : OT do you think ferrari will play fair game in the last f1 race?

raaaid
10-09-2006, 09:40 AM
alonso has the f1 championship in his hand unless he finishes 9th and shumi first

but im afraid ferrari may order massa to kick alonso out of the track do you think this is posible?

CAF96th_Sillyak
10-09-2006, 12:00 PM
naw the FIA would havea sh*tfit. Im pretty sure alonso has the chapionship, I still cant believe shueys engine blew, that NEVER happens.

mrsiCkstar
10-09-2006, 12:07 PM
I think it had been 6 years since Schumi's engine's failed the last time... well the longer you go without problems the more likely they are to occur.

It's a shame that his engine blew as the championship is now far less suspenseful as far as the last race goes... however anything can happen and I'll be glued to the screen in about 2 weeks time.

I had hoped Schumi could retire at the top but now it's unlikely.

mrsiCkstar
10-09-2006, 12:07 PM
oh and no I don't think Ferrari will try anything fancy at Interlagos...

Beuf_Ninja
10-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Hope not! All Alonso has to do is trip over Massa in T1 and boom Schumi wins. Of course if Fernando has any sense he'll just go for a Sunday drive with a full tank.

CAF96th_Sillyak
10-09-2006, 12:18 PM
My bet is the schumi wins but alonso gets his point and takes the championship

Poker_4H
10-09-2006, 12:34 PM
My bet is that Raikonnen and Alonso clip, ending Alonso's race - that way Michael and Massa can come in 1 & 2 and take the constructors also.
We'll know in ......... 2 weeks, be sure !
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

CAF96th_Sillyak
10-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Im a fan of Raikkonen, why do you think he of all the drivers will clip alonso?

Poker_4H
10-09-2006, 12:45 PM
uhm ..... who's he driving for next year ?

Nothing like gaining the favor of ones boss by helping them win both a driver championship and a constructors championship in one slight twitch of the wheels. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

CAF96th_Sillyak
10-09-2006, 12:50 PM
I see what your getting at

Fox_3
10-09-2006, 12:50 PM
I wonder how long this thread will last before Raaid posts something totally screwy.

mrsiCkstar
10-09-2006, 12:58 PM
I don't think R√¬§ikk√¬∂nen is gonna do anything sleazy, I'm sure it would damage his career more than it would help it.

But a T1 collision for Alonso would be one way for Schumacher to win the championship, and the first 2 turns at Interlagos are tricky especially on the start as so many cars are packed so closely together... A lot could happen like in Istanbul.

Poker_4H
10-09-2006, 03:50 PM
A lot will depend on the qualifying positions ... There are other teams who will be getting Ferrari engines next year ... perhaps the power of the engines supplied by the factory could be affected by the outcome of this race ?? Merely speculating, of course.
Although certain drivers in F1 do have a "win at all costs" reputation, and who knows what they are capable of when push comes to "shove".
This wouldn't be the first Championship decided by the turn (or not) of a wheel. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I truly believe Schumi/Ferrari wants to Win both driver and constructor chamionship so they would not be served by Massa taking out Alonso - I think they will need Massa's points to overcome Renault for constructor.
Expect the Ferraris to take off 1 & 2 if possible - it's what is arranged behind closed doors w/ other teams/drivers that will influence what happens to Alonso/Renault.
This way Michael wins the Championship w/o the cloud of suspicion personally, and Ferrari takes the constructors - Renault is left w/ a black eye and a driver headed elsewhere.

Aeronautico
10-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Legimtimate thoughts (although not very trustful to say the least), but there are too many eyes on it this time.

flaming_onion
10-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Poker_4H:
A lot will depend on the qualifying positions ... There are other teams who will be getting Ferrari engines next year ... perhaps the power of the engines supplied by the factory could be affected by the outcome of this race ?? Merely speculating, of course.

Heh, I can't see Spyker getting near enough to the front to help out their future engine suppliers...

Poker_4H
10-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by flaming_onion:

Heh, I can't see Spyker getting near enough to the front to help out their future engine suppliers...

Ah, but they could be slow enough to get lapped ?????

Poker_4H
10-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Aeronautico:
Legimtimate thoughts (although not very trustful to say the least), but there are too many eyes on it this time.

LOL ... how many eyes were on it when Senna said he would bump to win the championship ? he did it, and even said he'd warned of doing it the week prior ... no penalty .. Senna champion.
Senna, Hill, Mansell, Schumi, and Villeneuve all had "bumping" incidents when either winning or losing a championship ... not trusting ? more like following precedence. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Aeronautico
10-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Senna was returning the favour (to Prost actually, being a whole new "gift" to Ferrari...), so I guess it was difficult to take a position against him. The other episodes that I remember of are the two by Shumacher. The one that led to the Championship with Benetton, and the one failed with Ferrari. Yet one more, especially after Monaco this year?

MrMojok
10-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Another interesting aspect of this is, how much will Alonso feel compelled to push to get Renault the WCC? He can cruise along safely in 8th place if he wants to and still win the WDC.

Vipez-
10-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Hoping Raikkonen will have better luck on next season with Ferrari .. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Anyway, I was hoping Schumi to pull this one off, but it is kinda unlikely now..

Haigotron
10-11-2006, 09:10 AM
the end of a season will be as tight as getting a uboat through Gibraltar during ww2

F6_Ace
10-11-2006, 03:38 PM
F1 - is that the one where something only slightly interesting happens about every 12 years?