PDA

View Full Version : The diffrence between mods and cheats

M4Sherman4
10-28-2007, 10:51 PM
A mod is some thing that does nothing to the performance of 1 player. just superficial stuff like cockpits,sound, turrets and so on

Cheats are when you mutilate the game in your favor

What I am saying is if I do something the same way
it can have 2 different products A cheat or A mod.

I have seen 0 cheaters to date on IL2

PBNA-Boosher
10-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Thank you for your incredibly enlightening comments.

Daiichidoku
10-29-2007, 01:28 AM
i like chunky PB too, but i hate how you cant spread it as easily on fresh bread as smooth, y'know? the bread gets torn n all...so i only use chunky for toast

na85
10-29-2007, 01:41 AM
you know what I hate? when people are typing 'mod' which is short for 'modification' they sometimes write MOD (in capitals).

I hate that. 'Mod' is not an acronym, so please all for the sake of my sanity don't type MOD :P

AnaK774
10-29-2007, 02:11 AM
Difference between mod and hack in IL2?

None as code was not ment to be modified.
Its hack and cheat in all cases and has killed
game for me pretty well.

so far seen online, 17m/s climbing stuka,with 1000kg bomb underneath,
spit passing p47 in steep dive @ 890,
P11 catching up k4 after climb and 2km level flight

guess its time to change signature

madsarmy
10-29-2007, 02:11 AM
MOD.MOD.MOD http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Viper2005_
10-29-2007, 02:13 AM
The diffrence between mods and cheats

Isn't it obvious?

Call a cheat a cheat and you'll probably be sworn at.

Call a cheat a mod and you'll probably be laughed at.

Call a mod a cheat and you'll probably be banned.

IBTL

rnzoli
10-29-2007, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by M4Sherman4:
A mod is some thing that does nothing to the performance of 1 player. just superficial stuff like cockpits,sound, turrets and so on

Cheats are when you mutilate the game in your favor

Not really, mod(ification)s include every type of change, and cheats are a subset of mods, intended to gain unfair advantages.

In short, all cheats are a kind of mod(ification), too.

I have seen 0 cheaters to date on IL2

Sounds like "the cheaters are committing suicide by the hundreds on the gates of the server. Be assured, online is safe, protected. Onliners are heroes."
(if you don't get this joke, look up the name Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

DKoor
10-29-2007, 03:42 AM
That cheating thing..... it all boils down to you, personal level.
Some have it in their blood = win win win you're nothing without win win win, you are better man then them and have longer **** so you must win win win = it really looks like that....... many people simple can't admit that someone else defeated them.

Not easy living like that....... some people lose their natural human coolness because of it.
Cannot see the limitations of something and all that goes with it.

Now.
That has been said...................

You think all those ACE discos after you disassembly their crates (and they're in urgent need to lawn dart) are accidental?

Feathered_IV
10-29-2007, 03:52 AM
I can't help rather liking the Style Council. Even though Paul Weller's work with The Jam is considered the more serious option, as opposed to SC's unabashed pop tunes that is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

ViktorViktor
10-29-2007, 05:08 AM
Are you saying that Style Council is a mod of The Jam ?

Or that Paul Weller is a cheat ?

EURO_Snoopy
10-29-2007, 05:16 AM
Paul Weller was a Mod when in the Jam, but for some years now he has been running as a stand alone version.

Funnily enough All Mod cons was a Jam album

Style Council was a bargain bin special offer release.

msalama
10-29-2007, 09:15 AM
OK then youse, someone tell me whether CRT=2 really stops all modifications online?

Oh, and there's no difference, really, in that all modifications belong to a class of modifications, be they good or bad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif