PDA

View Full Version : bad wheather

pgull3
04-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Does anyone have any tips on torpedoing in bad weather I can seem to hit a pig in the butt with a snow shovel.

CapBackassward
04-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Yep. Same problem here. Best advice I can give you is: If you don't have a good shot, then - don't take it. I've been playing sub sims for awhile and this game is tough in bad weather. Really difficult to pass on a convoy passing right in front of you but sometimes it is better to let it pass instead of shooting several torpedoes into the dark.

Rick

SDG73
04-17-2005, 09:49 PM
run your torps as shallow as possible and use impact only. Rough seas seem to have an effect of premature detnonations on magnetic torps. Goodluck. Seems to works for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

quillan
04-17-2005, 09:59 PM
When you say "bad weather", do you mean rough seas or fog so bad you can't see more than 350-400 meters? If the first, then the previous poster has the right idea. You've got long lines of sight, but torpedoes tend to broach in rough seas, and they'll go off sometimes when set to magnetic. If it's the second, then the only way I can usually hunt in the pea soup is to try and match course with a target, let them pass me up while I'm submerged, and then fire a magnetic torp under the stern of the ship as they pull away. Torpedoes have a 300 meter minimum arming distance, and visibility ends between 350-400 meters when the fog is like that, so any other type of shot is going to be very tricky to line up.