PDA

View Full Version : Why no GM1 boost available?

Holosite
02-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Just about as common on German fighters as MW50.GM1 was nitrous oxide injection for flying above the rated altitude while MW50 was methanol water injection for lower altitudes under heavy engine load to reduce detonation...

Holosite
02-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Just about as common on German fighters as MW50.GM1 was nitrous oxide injection for flying above the rated altitude while MW50 was methanol water injection for lower altitudes under heavy engine load to reduce detonation...

Tvrdi
02-29-2004, 05:54 PM
ur right, btw Ta152 has both sistems....

pinche_bolillo
02-29-2004, 06:48 PM
heck it already climbs 1,000 fpm faster than the charts I have seen. how much more performance do you need :O only the bl-1 rocket can out climb that thing. it leaves La-7s in the dust when climbing.

DangerForward
02-29-2004, 07:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Holosite:
Just about as common on German fighters as MW50.GM1 was nitrous oxide injection for flying above the rated altitude while MW50 was methanol water injection for lower altitudes under heavy engine load to reduce detonation...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My guess is that the planes that are in the game are based off examples of planes that fought on the Eastern Front, where GM1 might not have been installed.

I also believe that GM1 was never actually installed in the TA152.

DangerForward

Magister__Ludi
02-29-2004, 07:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pinche_bolillo:
heck it already climbs 1,000 fpm faster than the charts I have seen. how much more performance do you need :O only the bl-1 rocket can out climb that thing. it leaves La-7s in the dust when climbing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have to be that scared http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. GM-1 variants were heavier and GM-1 could be used at high alts only - this is the only place where GM-1 variants perform better.

There were at least 600 conversions of G-1/5 to GM-1 in '43. This is a significant number. Since high altitude bombing did not materialize GM-1 kits were removed and replaced with ASM kits.

It will be very nice to see AS/AM/ASM kits, they were available beginning with late '43 - for recce squads they were delivered from factory with those kits fitted, in fighter units they were available on request.

Jaws2002
02-29-2004, 08:29 PM
You have GM-1 in game. On the Bf-109 E7-Z