PDA

View Full Version : External Camera Angle

patonback77
02-24-2007, 06:34 PM
How can I lock the camera into a fixed position behind the airplane, so that when you are looking at the screen, the aircraft does not move AT ALL. The best I've been able to do is the Chase View (F8), but even that does not stop the up and down movement of the aircraft. It is a pain in the *** to be looking up when your aircraft is descending!!! I would like to use an external view when dogfighting and to use the aircraft's rudder as an aiming point.

patonback77
02-24-2007, 06:34 PM
How can I lock the camera into a fixed position behind the airplane, so that when you are looking at the screen, the aircraft does not move AT ALL. The best I've been able to do is the Chase View (F8), but even that does not stop the up and down movement of the aircraft. It is a pain in the *** to be looking up when your aircraft is descending!!! I would like to use an external view when dogfighting and to use the aircraft's rudder as an aiming point.

FritzGryphon
02-24-2007, 06:42 PM
nr

XyZspineZyX
02-24-2007, 07:10 PM
You know, the cockpits have a nice little gadget in them called gunsights. You'll be better off learning to fly in cockpits since what you ask for is not available in this sim. It wasnt intended to be flown from a 3rd person POV.

Lurch1962
02-24-2007, 09:58 PM
The external views all seem to default to a fixed viewing direction with respect to the horizon, unless you control it manually.

(Exceptions: when you're really close to the ground, and in fly-by mode. Might be more but I can't recall just now.)

I've also wished for an external view of a plane that ould be more "dynamic", by pitching--and possibly banking--with the A/C (as an option, anyway).

I recall flight sims of the past which offered some cool, dynamic external view features along these lines. And they worked fairly well.

--Lurch--

Zeus-cat
02-25-2007, 09:31 AM
The camera angles are fixed, but if you want you can fly inside the aircraft with the cockpit turned off (Wonder Woman view). Note sure how to do this, but I think it is one of the view options (F2, F3, etc.)

Endy1
02-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Zeus-cats idea seems the best bet.
I think the default keys are Shift+F1 or Control+F1 [multiple presses].