PDA

View Full Version : What not to compy from AC1-6

Anardrius
05-06-2008, 12:35 PM
For those of you who have played the AC series like I have, you will understand where I am going with this.

Dear Ubisoft,

For the story line, DO NOT MAKE US A ROOKIE PILOT WHO WORKS HIS WAY UP AFTER HIS COUNTRY GETS BOMBED.

Don't make us the 'ACE' pilot of the ENTIRE war that is feared by the other country.

DON'T make us win the entire war by ourselves! When there are 8 different operations and ALL of them are calling for YOUR help alone, things become rather annoying.

Don't create some superweapon that the opposing military uses that attacks planes from halfway around the world. Seriously, there has been a giant AA cannon that protected another giant AA cannon. There has been a cruise missile launching floating aircraft carrier, and the cruise missiles only hit aircraft. What the hell is up with that?

Don't make some super amazing enemy squadron as your rival for the sole 'ACE' pilot to take on. Especially if they ALL fly SU-33 Flankers, we're not fighting the damned Russians!! Honestly, I think that the Yellow and Strigon Squadrons all had the same voice overs.

Thank you, have a nice developing process!

Anardrius
05-06-2008, 12:35 PM
For those of you who have played the AC series like I have, you will understand where I am going with this.

Dear Ubisoft,

For the story line, DO NOT MAKE US A ROOKIE PILOT WHO WORKS HIS WAY UP AFTER HIS COUNTRY GETS BOMBED.

Don't make us the 'ACE' pilot of the ENTIRE war that is feared by the other country.

DON'T make us win the entire war by ourselves! When there are 8 different operations and ALL of them are calling for YOUR help alone, things become rather annoying.

Don't create some superweapon that the opposing military uses that attacks planes from halfway around the world. Seriously, there has been a giant AA cannon that protected another giant AA cannon. There has been a cruise missile launching floating aircraft carrier, and the cruise missiles only hit aircraft. What the hell is up with that?

Don't make some super amazing enemy squadron as your rival for the sole 'ACE' pilot to take on. Especially if they ALL fly SU-33 Flankers, we're not fighting the damned Russians!! Honestly, I think that the Yellow and Strigon Squadrons all had the same voice overs.

Thank you, have a nice developing process!

PvtSkwerl
05-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I am sure h.a.w.x will COMPY all of AC series story flow and setting after the developers read this thread.

RawKryptonite
05-06-2008, 01:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anardrius:
we're not fighting the damned Russians!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this is a prelude to EndWar, then the Russians could very well be part of the enemy forces.

SkyRaptor_RUS
05-06-2008, 10:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we're not fighting the damned Russians!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Russians aren't fighting damned Americans!!

Silver-Hawk-Red
05-06-2008, 11:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anardrius:

Dear Ubisoft,

Thank you, have a nice developing process! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. That was only used in Ace Combat 5.

2. That's never used in any of the stories, you BECOME the Ace eventually, but never from the get go.

3. Your fellow Airmen and Grunts do by themselves pretty well and can accomplish most of the operations themselves, but most of the time, they are over matched in numbers and will need some help if they are to succeed.

4. All the superweapons present had some other function before being used against you or your side. The only purpose built super weapon was XB-0 and all follow flying fortressess.

5. The enemy Ace squadrons didn't just deal with you, if you actually pay attention to the story line, most were busy handling the war until you engaged them in combat. The only time an Ace Squadron is sent out to kill you is Strigon in the Moloch Desert in AC6.