PDA

View Full Version : B-17 and SH3

Webwing
01-10-2005, 08:27 PM
When I first heard of SH3 and its crew managment system I instantly thought of B-17 Flying Fortress, The Mighty Eight released years ago (was it 2001?). It had a similar concept that was revolutionary at the time but that actually did not leave any successors or folowers. I loved the concept and the game was beautifuly done but it never became very popular and it was far from a success. At the time my computer wasnt configured to play the game properly so I never fully enjoyed the game. As I remember there were a few bugs too.
As we will soon be doing in SH3 in B-17 you could jump to any station and members of the crew would get wounded and you would assign another guy to fill in etc. The animations of the crew were really good.
I thought from then on all sims would have this feature because no mater what kind of sim you play, tank, train, plane, boat, you are always riding in a gost vehicle and I was fed up of that. Unfortunatly that did not happen... until now!!!

SailorSteve
01-10-2005, 11:28 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=3391084942
Hi Webring. I'm not critisizing you for not finding this thread, as it was clear down on page 9 and the search button doesn't seem to work properly.

Just thought you'd like to know what others have discussed previously.

Webwing
01-11-2005, 05:49 AM
ups... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Thanks for pointing that out.

Great Thread!!!

[]'s

Dominicrigg
01-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah webwing it should make the game even more fun. To me managing the crews is wicked fun, it will get me more attatched to looking after the ship also (though i am always carefull with computer peoples lives anyway)

But this has been done a few times before in simplified ways. The excellent m1 tank platoon used to have a crew to each tank. Who got better the longer you played the game and the more awards they won.

This is a similar system but now you will be able to see many of the crew. Im looking forward to seeing the info of them doing their repair jobs and panicking (if that happens) and looking forward to trying to make a super crew!! The more i think about it the more desperate i get like some on the website here.