PDA

View Full Version : ATI 4.12 graphics question

PapaG39
12-18-2004, 05:11 PM
I just reformatted & reinstalled XP home & installed the ati4.12 drivers. (X800 Pro card)

With the PERFECT setting when flying near an airbase with the white concrete runway, I see the **WHITE** runway disappear completely..then as I get closer the white portion starts reappearing in sections. the buildings or runway edge markings (fire pots) are always in view..it is just the "white" that disappears.
I noticed the same scenario with the beta 4.12 drivers prior to my un-re-install of XP.

with excellent settings everything stays normal.

I was wondering if this is a known fault with the ati 4.12 drivers or if a basic in-game setting would stop that from happening when using the perfect setting.
everything else in perfect seems just fine..only the disappearing "white" coloring in perfect setting..

PF_Coastie
12-18-2004, 05:28 PM
I have not seen this problem yet, but will keep my eye out for it. If possible, please post a pic.

Make sure you are not using the "new.exe" and make sure the following lines are in your conf.ini file:

PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.0625
PolygonOffsetUnits=-1.0

Mine are under the OpenGL settings.

Good Luck!

PapaG39
12-18-2004, 08:49 PM
My Poly...factor= was 0.015 & 3.0.. I changed them to your numbers, but the runway still disappeared...
I don't have my computer restored to take & edit screen shots yet.
If I knew how, I would make a track & send it to u on MS Messenger or via e-mail. I can make the track, but I don't know how to go about sending it to you so you could play it..

DarkCanuck420
12-18-2004, 10:30 PM
ya i got the 4.12 and a 9800pro and when i approach an airfield its just an island then when i reach a certain point in appears. im using perfect settings. high cat settings and 1024*768 32 in game custom (not using the ati, or ati 9800 setting for setup) i am also using ver. 3.01 of PF...

PapaG39
12-19-2004, 12:12 AM
DC..
I have been playing with the three view settings & it seems that if you are in the middle view zoom setting the runway disappears, but if I click on the farthest or closest setting the runway comes right back. Then if I quickly go back to the center zoom setting the runway is still gone or just coming back...
Try that & let me know what you think.
I have tried in 1024X768 85hz up through 1280x 960 85hz. with the same results.