PDA

View Full Version : Phrasing, Timing and Rocksmith Scoring

Javasaur
10-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Can anyone explain some of timing messages that come up during play? Sometimes I get a perfect phrasing message which obviously sounds good, but does it improve my overall score? I've also seen "late" messages occasionally when I'm learning a song and having trouble. Obviously that's not good. Another message is the "groove bonus" which sound like a good thing of course due to the word "bonus", but what does that do for my score? The other message I get sometimes which puzzles me is "early groove". It will say "+250 early groove". I can't figure if this is good or bad. It sound like I'm rushing it and I'm early (bad), yet to me it looks like it's adding +250 points to my score (good). Does anyone know the scoop on these messages?

KinchBlade
11-02-2011, 07:24 AM
Would also be interested in this
That said, perhaps its in the in-game manual which I have nevver read!

DrwhoGalefrie
11-02-2011, 07:30 AM
The game manual, in general, is quite USELESS.

it does not contain such detail

in fact, I think there were more pages of Credits then actual game instruction

Rick_in_Miami
12-13-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm bumping this up because this question was never answered, but I would love an answer. I've often seen the "early groove" message out of the corner of my eye and assumed it was a BAD thing (I was a bit early). But now I wonder.

ZumaRocks
12-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Rocksmith-Matt answered this recently although I can't remember where so this isn't an exact quote but basically, there are a few scoring levels as far as timing goes. You can be right on time, a little late, a little later, a lot late, a little early, a little earlier, a lot earlier. If you are in the same time for three notes in a row, you get the groove. So the early groove is for being early 3 notes in a row.

SeattleSauve
12-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Reposting this here too...

Zuma beat me, this was originally posted in the Leaderboard site thread...

From Matt:
Groove Bonuses are awarded for consistent timing. Whenever you play a correct note, you can either be: very early, a little early, perfect, a little late, or very late. For every 3 note streak you remain in the same timing category, you will get a groove bonus.

tomahawk72
12-13-2011, 02:52 PM
LOL
3 notes doesn't seem like a groove to me. Should be a few bars or even a whole phrase to be considered in a "groove".

I added my few scores to the leaderboard site. Seems like I'm doing okay.

Name is v The Haunted v

Rick_in_Miami
12-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks - I wasn't following that thread, so I missed that. It must say something about me that I often see "early groove" but never "late groove"!

SeattleSauve
12-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by tomahawk72:
LOL
3 notes doesn't seem like a groove to me. Should be a few bars or even a whole phrase to be considered in a "groove".
I added my few scores to the leaderboard site. Seems like I'm doing okay.
Name is v The Haunted v

I'll take any bonuses they're willing to give me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif