PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer community dead?

Eregost
12-08-2011, 08:49 AM
I log on today and there appears to be no games I can join through 'play now', I end up having to create a match. All modes have low activity since release and when I attempt to join any mode, I have to create a new match since there are none running. What is going on?

spectatorx
12-08-2011, 08:51 AM
I have no problems with joining matches.

Check your firewall setting and scan your computer with some antivirus software.

Eregost
12-08-2011, 09:17 AM
It's neither of those things. I was joining matches fine before late last night and today when the population dropped. Though even before the population was always low.

Eregost
12-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Ok I'm playing through Onlive and just found out we have our own servers that are seperate from the rest of the PC community. This really stinks. Ubisoft must merge the servers, there is no reason why we should be seperate, all it means is Onlive users that expected a thrilling multiplayer portion get robbed off their money. This really is totally unacceptable for a game with a large multiplayer component like this one to be dead a few days after launch.

D.I.D.
12-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Eregost:
Ok I'm playing through Onlive and just found out we have our own servers that are seperate from the rest of the PC community. This really stinks. Ubisoft must merge the servers, there is no reason why we should be seperate, all it means is Onlive users that expected a thrilling multiplayer portion get robbed off their money. This really is totally unacceptable for a game with a large multiplayer component like this one to be dead a few days after launch.

Do any other games do that? I think it's likely that the lag would be too great.

Unless the MP games for PC and OnLive were hosted by OnLive (which can't happen, because OnLive is its own independent business), then you'd have to connect to OnLive to be playing at all and then OnLive would have to connect to Ubi's MP servers. This would stretch the latency a little too far, I think. Maybe in years to come that will be possible, but I don't think you can blame Ubisoft for this in the current circumstances.

Eregost
12-08-2011, 02:43 PM
You raise a valid point. However I can't think of an objection for an OPTION to play on the PC servers. That way if someone feels it is too laggy for their taste, they can stick to the Onlive servers.

Surely this is a win win scenario?

pasha363
12-10-2011, 03:37 AM
??? ?????????????? ? ???????????? ? ?? ??????? ????????? ??????????