PDA

View Full Version : Team Speak

MrSubaru
05-11-2005, 11:17 PM
I lose my sound in my game, when i use TeamSpeak. Is there a fix for this? I can't hear any planes or sound? Please help?

Chris

FAM_Aguila
05-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi Subaru,

I use PF and TeamSpeak together and i didnt have any problem with in game sound. Im not an expert but i think this could be a problem in the teamspeak configuration.

Check if you have configurated it properly.

S!

JaVA_Zeehond
05-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Also don't forget to turn the build in mic programme of IL2 off. This might do the trick.

Heinz_Schuss
05-13-2005, 06:32 PM
I have a situation where I can either hear TS or the game but not both together.

I strongly suspect that it's caused by my sound card being too old. It's a Soundblaster with the Vibra16C chip (16bit?) and also is not 5.1 (whatever) compatible.

If you also have an old soundcard then this might be the problem.

Schuss

Hunter82
05-13-2005, 07:12 PM
I would tend to agree with your idea on your system.

Originally posted by Heinz_Schuss:
I have a situation where I can either hear TS or the game but not both together.

I strongly suspect that it's caused by my sound card being too old. It's a Soundblaster with the Vibra16C chip (16bit?) and also is not 5.1 (whatever) compatible.

If you also have an old soundcard then this might be the problem.

Schuss

MrSubaru
05-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Well, my teamspeaks works with everthing else i play. When I loaded FB then FBA I did not Patch anything in those, I then loaded PF over it. I need to go back and install those first 2 first. Then turn off the mic. I have a 64bit card. I think am doing something wrong. I will try again

Chris

Jetbuff
05-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Try setting TeamSpeak to Wave instead of Direct Sound (Settings -> Options) and disabling in-game voice comms.

ku101-Shrike
05-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Get technical problems here too related to TeamSpeak... what happens is when i try to start up Ventrilo (vent-the much better voice comm program), the Teamspeak which i have just finished with and closed still has its comm channel through directsound instantiated. thus error, nobody can hear me talk on vent. bad programming on TS i feel.

I would dump TS, because it sounds like your talking into a dustbin anyway, sounds awful compared to Vent. Only reason i've got it is because everyone else uses it. bit like hyperlobby really.

p.s. Sorry Teamspeak personnel, but you really need to make sure your terminating all your object references correctly and make sure the cleaning up on closedown routine is doing what it should.