ColinCJ
07-12-2007, 04:03 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ColinCJ
07-12-2007, 04:03 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bmer2020
07-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Soo...any comments guys? Is it worth it?

x_101_
07-13-2007, 10:27 AM
i cant get into a server...ive tried twice and im about to try again, so wish me luck

topeira
07-14-2007, 04:54 AM
good luck :P

waitaminute - no sorting servers? i hope this will come in a patch.

Jo-E
07-17-2007, 07:06 AM
I've found that the server pings are pretty high at the moment, which leads to the infamous rubberbanding affect on servers....

Although I was on a server before 1.02 patch 3 v 3 and it seemed fine....

adw123
07-19-2007, 01:43 AM
I absolutely cannot believe that options were removed to be able to give waypoints and commands to your live teammates...It's could almost be considered a bug. It's like removing the ability to use the tactical map in multiplayer or the teammate cam. This makes no sense at all and as a leader makes my job pointless. I certainly hope this will be added in a patch as it makes playing coop much less enjoyable.

Another issue is that you just respawn forever. There is feeling of risk of dying in multiplayer. The only way you can lose the mission is if all your teammates and you die with a few seconds of each other. If anything there should be an option to set a limit on the amount of times you can respawn and a way to set it back to the way GRAW1 was setup. The part of GRAW's multiplayer that draws me in so much is that it is very challenging and learning how to finish a mission is much more rewarding when there is a possibility of failure.

ColinCJ
07-19-2007, 02:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by topeira:
good luck :P

waitaminute - no sorting servers? i hope this will come in a patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Explain bro

JuDaH_SainT
07-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Well i think this game is alot better than graw 1!!!!!!!
having alot of fun playing multiplayer. so is there any leagues yet open for gameplay???? cause im looking forward to matching?

MorphingJar
07-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Game runs considerably smoother than the beta and the demo put together. So its good to see that we FINNALLY see an UBI game with optimized codeing at release. With the exception of a few poorly run servers out there, the multiplayer experience as a whole is very enjoyable. That being said, I still think there are a few things that need looked into.

First and foremost is the Weapon damage. Nearly every weapon does the exact same damage. One shot to the head and 3 shots to the chest. There is absolutely no incentive to pick one weapon over the other. The most noticeable example of this is the Scar-L and the Scar-H. The only difference between the two weapons is that the Scar-H has 10 less rounds and more recoil.

The 2nd point, and this has been a hot topic since the begining of the betas, is the "safe" distance for the Grenade Launchers. It's Currently something like 10ft. Thats way too short. More often than not, you will see people fireing the thing from point-blank range. And it is a very frequent thing to see people suiciding in the process. The minimum range for this needs to be at least 30ft. Cutting down the number of grenades from 7 to 2 was an excellent start. But the complaint was about the range. not so much the number of rounds.

The final flaw that I've seen in Multiplayer is the Deathmatch Gamemode. After playing TDM for nearly four months through the demo and the beta, it is quite refreshing to see some good ol' fashioned Deathmatch with some random spawns. But after playing for about 10 minutes, I began to have my doubts about it. It seems that the spawns are completely random, with no logic behind it. So there is a VERY good chance that you will have someone spawn right next to you. Especially in a somewhat large server. Nothing frustrates you more than finally getting to a spot, only to have a guy spawn right in front of you with 6 seconds of spawn protection. Theres absolutely nothing you can do but tuck your tail between your legs and kiss your butt goodbye. Especially if they have a grenade launcher. Most other games that have a Deathmatch mode can at least intelligently spawn you in an area where there are no nearby enemies. Or as close as it can get to it. Prime examples of this are nearly any of the Call of Duty series.

Jo-E
07-20-2007, 02:54 AM
MP wants sorting out, I've seen so many private servers pop up with high pings 170+ but see ver few below 100.

It would be nice to be able to see wher ethe servers are with a flag like in most games (i.e. Union Jack for UK etc..)

Until we see more dedicated servers it will be hard to tell, but, most servers seem choppy/laggy/rubberbandy..... compared to games like CoD2/BF2 etc....

Jo-E
07-20-2007, 02:56 AM
Cut the ability to spawn down too.... Co-op is fun but you should probably have 3 lives (MP option screen)

I would like to see a Last man standing too!!

Jo-E
07-20-2007, 02:57 AM
And a CTF mode!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif