PDA

View Full Version : To save you all the trouble and our time

Geiger
03-08-2006, 10:56 AM
This will not be Lockdown or anything like it. No need to bother posting 1,004,348,502,135,092,305 threads asking us to not do another Lockdown.

Move on, think forward.

Thanks!

vegas_
03-08-2006, 11:20 AM
you cant fool me again ubi !!!

dave819831983
03-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Oh come on!

In the very thread that Geiger states it wont be like lockdown your bashing it!

Why build a game that nobody likes - I think lessons have been learned albeit the hard way.

XsargenX
03-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Geiger:
This will not be Lockdown or anything like it. No need to bother posting 1,004,348,502,135,092,305 threads asking us to not do another Lockdown.

Move on, think forward.

Thanks!

I'm excited, all of a sudden I'm starting to trust redstorm/Ubi again, plus that I'm a very positive person,I guess I have to start saving for a new Video card I dont think My Nvidia Geforce2 Mx/MX400 is going to be able to run it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SODsniper
03-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by XsargenX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Geiger:

Move on, think forward.

Thanks!

I'm excited, all of a sudden I'm starting to trust redstorm/Ubi again, plus that I'm a very positive person,I guess I have to start saving for a new Video card I dont think My Nvidia Geforce2 Mx/MX400 is going to be able to run it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know exactly what you mean.

Despite appearences, I have always been a "cup is half full" kinda guy.

I am really glad they they are doing things that I can really get behind and support unequivocally.

DayGlow
03-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by vegas_:
you cant fool me again ubi !!!

Praticipate in discussions on features that you would love to see, wait for the demo and read the reviews on release and then decide if made a game you want to buy.

suerus
03-08-2006, 02:00 PM

Move on, think forward.

Thanks!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

SlipperyJim
03-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Vegas will be released first on consoles and then the PC port will come later, correct?

That fact alone speaks volumes.

DayGlow
03-10-2006, 11:19 AM
I don't think any timeline has been released beyond the fall '06 target date.

ruled
03-10-2006, 12:49 PM

Move on, think forward.

Thanks!

lol kinda like how lockdown wasn't a port *cough* ps2 *cough* ahh thats better

SODsniper
03-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ruled:

Ya know, it would be easy to simply knock UBI at every VEGAS post for what they did with Lockdown.

But what would be the point?

Geiger has asked people to look forward. So, why don't we do that? Nothing is served by looking back. Everything that CAN be said about Lockdown, HAS been said. Everything that CAN be slammed about Lockdown, HAS been slammed.

In the terminology of nuclear warfare, you are simply "bouncing the rubble". It serves no useful purpose, other than expending energy.

Personally, I am ecstatic that I have something to cheer about instead of always being negative.

I would not presume to ask why you are here. Such is not my place. But there is a forum to talk down (or up) Lockdown. This one's not it.

Just a thought for you to consider...

Geiger
03-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by SODsniper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ruled:

Ya know, it would be easy to simply knock UBI at every VEGAS post for what they did with Lockdown.

Geiger has asked people to look forward. So, why don't we do that? Nothing is served by looking back. Everything that CAN be said about Lockdown, HAS been said. Everything that CAN be slammed about Lockdown, HAS been slammed.

In the terminology of nuclear warfare, you are simply "bouncing the rubble". It serves no useful purpose, other than expending energy.

Personally, I am ecstatic that I have something to cheer about instead of always being negative.

I would not presume to ask why you are here. Such is not my place. But there is a forum to talk down (or up) Lockdown. This one's not it.

Just a thought for you to consider... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone pinch me :P

Relenquish
03-10-2006, 02:17 PM
This will not be Lockdown or anything like it.

Thats music to my ears.

Lets hope its a success or this will be quoted a lot when "Working Title" is released.

DreamMarine
03-10-2006, 02:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SODsniper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ruled:

Just a thought for you to consider... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone pinch me :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*ROFL*

DXS_MacGyver
03-10-2006, 02:49 PM

Move on, think forward.

Thanks!

If you guys listened to the 1,004,348,502,135,092,305 posts before Lockdown was released, perhaps you wouldn't be at this point of having to beg the community that you claim is out of touch with the market to stop trying to get their point home to you guys.

savageone
03-10-2006, 03:06 PM
personally, id like to see some Rogue Spear features mixed with Ravenshield features with all the new eye candy of course. good hit detection, smooth online play are a must as well as SA server support Without the vid card issues. i loved the RS maps that were brought out and dusted off for LD..even though i didnt buy it. i think i would even like to have maybe 20 players instead of 16. im not gonna compare games, but if the new R6 ran online like UT..smooth..and played like the R6 series that we all know and love id be happy. the series isnt broken, why reinvent it..just update it.
thx.

mYm-Mercy-
03-10-2006, 03:14 PM
I sincerely hope your right Geiger...

Cpt.Cordalez
04-07-2006, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by dave819831983:
Why build a game that nobody likes - I think lessons have been learned albeit the hard way.
Funny thing is, that everybody in the community said 1,004,348,502,135,092,305 times that Lockdown will fail and it did not only fail, it failed EXACTLY how almost everybody was saying it 1,004,348,502,135,092,305 times.

While I wasn't very happy with Raven Shield, Lockdown was a true shock. I'm not sure how I can trust Ubi anymore on the R6 topic.
But the few shots of R6:5 look good so far. Who knows, maybe they can make it, this time.

RockNRoll777
04-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Being a 3d modeler, I must inquire. Will we be able to add our own weapons/grenades, etc. as in Rogue Spear? Along with sounds to go along?

sx_amazing
04-07-2006, 02:49 PM
As long as the gameplay is not anything like LockDown, I am satisfied.

teebus
04-07-2006, 03:33 PM

Move on, think forward.

Thanks!

Bless you, sir! I might actually look forward to this one then! I had high expectations for Lockdown after playing Ravenshield, and to say I was bitterly disappointed would be an understatement. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Dirtydog28
04-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Well thats all good that it will be nothing like lockdown, but when can we expect a release date and other more relevent information? this forum of dreams a nd fantasy is getting lame when can we get down and dirty with the goods, it's been a few months now and were still here doodeling.

Thump248th
04-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Dirtydog28:
Well thats all good that it will be nothing like lockdown, but when can we expect a release date and other more relevent information? this forum of dreams a nd fantasy is getting lame when can we get down and dirty with the goods, it's been a few months now and were still here doodeling.

Once the 360 version is completed, pressed released on it, and in stores.

Kaggis
04-08-2006, 11:48 AM
That is great to hear Geigerhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I hope its really true, and that we, the players and you ,the developers can move on as far as possible away from Lockdown.

Cpt.Cordalez
04-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Dirtydog28:
This forum of dreams and fantasy is getting lame.
Exactly man. R6 forums became about nothing more than dreams and fantasies, I'm so sick of that.

Holokaust
04-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Ok i didn't buy lockdown the demo and my friend who made the mistake told me all about it. Still my problem is that consoles have had much more attention gets the release first and by a long shot meaning did pc ever get ghost recon 2?? A game that the pc made popular. And every consoles have ghost recon advanced warrior where is the pc version??? And now RS Vegas. Graphics look awsome. Xbox version comingg out first and pc version. Date????2035 Pls Giger I know u asked to be positive. I played rvs for as long as it's been out i've laddered on it but now i'm tired of playing the same ol' game Lockdown didn't cut it Far cry is only on xbox ok i'm playing bf2. Like i said i wanna be positive here i really want to. Can u at least give us a date for pc release of this Vegas version??? Thx

imying72
04-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Forgive me, I'm not a big visitor to these forums. but my question is, was there ever any response from ubisoft concerning lockdowns dismal failure?
I'm not asking this to kick a dead horse or start any kind of ubisoft flame fest.. I just wonder because to me it seems like theres more than enough imput from the R6 community concerning the development of its games. So after lockdown failed due to what can only be the total ignoring of its own communities imput, what would leave us to think they're going to listen to us concerning Vegas' development. Personally, I think what the community wants is simply realism. We dont care bout the hollywood stuff as mentioned in one developers interview on bit-tech.net. people want bullets that kill, guns with recoil (different amts of recoil) accurate speed of movement, and occasionally the hand grenade that doesnt frag bug you. just my opinion. Hope I didnt offend the forum gods http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Shrike_UK
04-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Show me the money !

Yen Lo
04-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by imying72:
Forgive me, I'm not a big visitor to these forums. but my question is, was there ever any response from ubisoft concerning lockdowns dismal failure?
I'm not asking this to kick a dead horse or start any kind of ubisoft flame fest.. I just wonder because to me it seems like theres more than enough imput from the R6 community concerning the development of its games. So after lockdown failed due to what can only be the total ignoring of its own communities imput, what would leave us to think they're going to listen to us concerning Vegas' development. Personally, I think what the community wants is simply realism. We dont care bout the hollywood stuff as mentioned in one developers interview on bit-tech.net. people want bullets that kill, guns with recoil (different amts of recoil) accurate speed of movement, and occasionally the hand grenade that doesnt frag bug you. just my opinion. Hope I didnt offend the forum gods http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Nope not a peep, and guess what else? No mention of a patch either.