PDA

View Full Version : firing guns on saitek x52 joy stick

jdamiani
08-09-2011, 01:09 PM
new to game every thing works on joy strick except firing guns .dont seem to find where in controller section how to get trigger to operate need help joe d.

VW-IceFire
08-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't remember having to do anything to make the guns fire. I did rebind the controls a bit to take advantage of the two step trigger on the stick.

Are you talking about the joystick configuration inside IL-2 or the Saitek software? I've never actually used the Saitek software. Just the drivers.

TheCrux
08-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Button 1 & 15 are the same control. The trigger on the top front. Button 1 is pulling the trigger halfway. Button 15 is pulling it all the way and getting both 1 & 15. In this manner, you can assign "Weapon 1" ( usually machine guns ) to button 1...half trigger pull, and "Weapons 1 & 2" ( machine guns AND cannon ) to button 15 by pulling the trigger all the way. In cannon equipped planes with limited cannon ammo, this is a good option, as it lets you find the range with the machine guns before expending your cannon ammo.

Edit/addendum:

You can determine which button is which on the stick by pulling up the Saitek Control Panel. It's accessible via the 'Saitek Programming Software' in your list of Programs. It will open two icons, one is the profile editor. It is under that where you get the control panel. From there you you will see a numbered key light up in red on the panel in response to its corresponding key being operated. Of course when you assign game controls, it's just a matter of operating whatever control you like, but often you have no way of knowing just what button 22, 16, 33 etc is. Hence the control panel.

Tully__
08-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I see you've posted essentially the same question in the Cliffs of Dover forum. Assuming you have both that AND IL2:1946, for IL2:1946 TheCrux has the important information. In the controls screen:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>Weapon 1: Primary guns (usually machine guns)
<LI>Weapon 2: Secondary guns (usually cannon) [special note: some aircraft equipped with only cannon do not use the weapon 1 trigger, guns only work with weapon 2. La5FN is an example]
<LI>Weapon 3: Rockets
<LI>Weapon 4: Free fall munitions (bombs, torpedos etc..) [/list]

For Cliffs of Dover, see my response in your CoD thread at http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...411096049#1411096049 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8071032709/m/2831046049?r=1411096049#1411096049).