PDA

View Full Version : What Sidemissions would you like?

smiler_16
06-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Well I would personally like

Taxi Driving
Racetrack Driving (similar to D:PL but with more options and online mode added too)

and a stuntman style addition to the game, where as you could go to this place and create your own stuntpark and then do your stunts, and possibly with the addition of playing online on yours/someone elses stuntpark with upto 8 or 16 other players (depending on the size of the stadium)

as for the D:PL sidemissions, well I only ever tried them once and then just ignored them, although I really enjoyed Driving around the racetrack (whether on my own or with other racers) I would also like to have the abillity to go on the racetracks without having to race or have the timer at the top

*Edit*

Also I think having a Destruction Derby racetrack/dome is always a huge advantage
(A good idea would be to add the classic DD1 and DD2 tracks/domes to the game)

driver_madness
06-20-2008, 02:47 AM
I'd defiantly like to see a stuntman style stunt park sidemission.
I usually think taxi missions get a little boring, since it's just simple pickup and dropping off. But it'll be nice to have it there just to increase variety a bit.

I'd defiantly like to see Destruction Derby style as well.
I'd also like to see a bit of everything we seen in dpl.

As well as Tag, Cops n' Robbers.

and just for fun (not a side mission) but would be good to have freeroam online where you can just do random things within the city.

smiler_16
06-20-2008, 12:13 PM
If we had the ability to be a taxi driver, then it would obviously have to give you something special for doing it.

So I like to think using it to unlock the stuntpark and destruction derby locations would be a great Idea!

driver_madness
06-21-2008, 10:09 PM
I think stuntpark and destruction derby should be avaliable without completing other sidemissions. Sidemissions rewarding you by completing other side-missions dosen't much to much sense to me.

smiler_16
06-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by driver_madness:
I think stuntpark and destruction derby should be avaliable without completing other sidemissions. Sidemissions rewarding you by completing other side-missions dosen't much to much sense to me.

Maybe sidemissions wouldn't be a great way to unlock something, but I believe that having access to the stunt park and DD areana from the start would take away some of the excitement

Basically I'm trying to say, If you done all of the driving around to everywhere you can, then, alls you have to do is a few missions and you'll open up a whole new world!!

I guess it just comes down to personal opinion...

driver_madness
06-22-2008, 08:34 AM
ywah, your right.
Everyone has there preferences, and there is no wrong or right way of doing things.

I stick by saying, that playing a side-mission to unlock another side-mission is a little silly,

But unlocking it once completing a mission could be the best way. But some people don't want to play through the missions for one reason or another.

Prehaps there could be a cheat that unlocks these modes early!

FutureVenturer2
06-22-2008, 09:43 AM
I agree with you, driver_madness. The unlocking of side missions by doing side missions seems too simple and boring of an idea to make for a game, and this will, once again, have Ubisoft Reflections look bad, if its staff considers an idea like this. Overall, I don't like side missions, and I'd just expect driving careers, each with their own storylines and multiple paths (choices that will affect the story) that can make this next Driver game more original/innovative.

smiler_16
07-01-2008, 04:38 PM
I would love to play online in game modes such as vigilante!!

I personally love being the cop in a vigilante!