PDA

View Full Version : SHII Is it worth it???

WilhelmSchulz
11-05-2005, 11:07 AM
I was thinking about of getting SHII and geting Pacific Aces(to feed my ComSubPac crave). Has any else dont this??? And is it good???

Kaleun1961
11-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Schulzy, didn't you ask this question about SH2 before?

WilhelmSchulz
11-05-2005, 01:54 PM
I know but I didnt get a answer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

WAIT!!! Schulzy?

Kaleun1961
11-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Schulzy is the diminutive form of Wilhelm Schulz and is used as an comradely nickname.

WilhelmSchulz
11-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Kaleun1961:
Schulzy is the diminutive form of Wilhelm Schulz and is used as an comradely nickname. Allright. But can I still have a answer.

TooFastForLove.
11-05-2005, 02:31 PM
I've never played SHII myself, but I do have Destroyer Command. From all I've read about SHII I would have to say don't waste you're time and money. It heard it was pretty buggy and the graphics of course are not as good.

Wouldn't that kind of be like buying a new car then deciding to get another that is the same model but older and alittle beat up?

Just my 2 cents.

Oh yes, and the flaws of Destroyer command **** near drove me around the bend. Which was a shame because I really wanted to like that game and probably put at least 15 hours into it anyway.

Kaleun1961
11-05-2005, 02:31 PM
That I cannot answer, as I've never played those games.

mw2000
11-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Ive had SHII (and destroyer command) since release and I still play it. I only play it on my laptop because SHIII will not run. SHII is buggy and more flaws appeared when I upgraded to windows XP. SHII and Destroyer command was fully supported by windows 98 and not XP. The pacific aces add-on is great and adds more excitement but I do not recommend buying it. Running at a maximum of 800 x 600 resolution it runs excellent on low end machines and you can buy it now for under 10 pounds.

My score 4 out of 10 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

WilhelmSchulz
11-05-2005, 09:57 PM
All right then Ill wait for SH4. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

gdogg1979
11-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by TooFastForLove.:
I've never played SHII myself, but I do have Destroyer Command. From all I've read about SHII I would have to say don't waste you're time and money. It heard it was pretty buggy and the graphics of course are not as good.

Wouldn't that kind of be like buying a new car then deciding to get another that is the same model but older and alittle beat up?

Just my 2 cents.

Oh yes, and the flaws of Destroyer command **** near drove me around the bend. Which was a shame because I really wanted to like that game and probably put at least 15 hours into it anyway.

so let me get this strait. YOu dont own the game but you claim it is buggy, and you would say not to buy a game you never even played? And while im on the rant sh3 has about 3 times as many bugs as sh2.

so, Yes whelhelmshulz you should go buy the game

Jose.MaC
11-06-2005, 04:26 AM
I own both games (SHII and DC), got the 1024 resolution pack. And almost any other mod.

If you cannot play SHIII in your computer, fully moded SHII would be nice, but has rought time is compared with the original SH or AoD. If you can play SHIII on your machine, forget about SHII and DC. They're buggy, have dumb AI system -enemy ranges from simply too stupid to see your surfaced sub to simply too deadly to be evaded-, and have real horrible sail simulation.

WilhelmSchulz
11-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by gdogg1979:
so let me get this strait. YOu dont own the game but you claim it is buggy, and you would say not to buy a game you never even played? And while im on the rant sh3 has about 3 times as many bugs as sh2.

so, Yes whelhelmshulz you should go buy the game Well I didnt listen to him. But do you have the game???

U-268
11-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by WilhelmSchulz:
All right then Ill wait for SH4. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SH3 is a great game with the improved U-boat mod from realsimulation.com installed. I reccommend you go this way, SH4 is a long way off.

gdogg1979
11-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by WilhelmSchulz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gdogg1979:

so, Yes whelhelmshulz you should go buy the game Well I didnt listen to him. But do you have the game??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, I sure do. it is worth the perchase