PDA

View Full Version : I recently got ....

slit1neck2speed
08-29-2006, 05:24 AM
I recently got a Laptop for my birthday and im not sure if its good or not, I was wondering if anyone good tell me if its exellent or just plain cr@p. Its an Amilo note book, Fujitsu computers Siemens Laptop .

So ill give you all the specs about the pc :

Processor : Intel celeron M 380
Memory : 512 MB
Hard Disk : 80 GB
OpticalDrive: DVD Multi Format DL Burner
Display: 15,4" WXGA CrystalView
Graphics: UniChrome Pro
Vram: up to 64MB Shared memory
Connectivity: Modem 56K, LAN 10/100 WLAN b/g-standard.
Connectivity: PCMCIA CardBus
Connectivity: CRT, 3xUSB2.0
Connectivity: Mic/Line in, Headphone/SPDIF
Multimedia: 2 Speakers, 5.1 sound via SPDIF

Software: Windows XP Home. P2 -uk-
Software: AOL -UK-
Software: Symantec Security Suite
Software: Works

Thank you all in Advance Slit1neck2speed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

slit1neck2speed
08-29-2006, 05:24 AM
I recently got a Laptop for my birthday and im not sure if its good or not, I was wondering if anyone good tell me if its exellent or just plain cr@p. Its an Amilo note book, Fujitsu computers Siemens Laptop .

So ill give you all the specs about the pc :

Processor : Intel celeron M 380
Memory : 512 MB
Hard Disk : 80 GB
OpticalDrive: DVD Multi Format DL Burner
Display: 15,4" WXGA CrystalView
Graphics: UniChrome Pro
Vram: up to 64MB Shared memory
Connectivity: Modem 56K, LAN 10/100 WLAN b/g-standard.
Connectivity: PCMCIA CardBus
Connectivity: CRT, 3xUSB2.0
Connectivity: Mic/Line in, Headphone/SPDIF
Multimedia: 2 Speakers, 5.1 sound via SPDIF

Software: Windows XP Home. P2 -uk-
Software: AOL -UK-
Software: Symantec Security Suite
Software: Works

Thank you all in Advance Slit1neck2speed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

quillan
08-29-2006, 07:31 AM
Good for what? Good for gaming? No. Laptops aren't good for gaming. I have a friend who spent $4500 (!) on an Alienware laptop, so he could play games while he was out of town on business. It sucks. It runs so hot he can't have it in his lap. If he puts it on a plastic topped table, it'll discolor the plastic. He's already had to ship it back to Alienware for service once (it's 6 months old), and now his video card has gone out.

On the other hand, if you want to be able to drag it along to class to take notes, send/receive email, and perhaps run utility programs, it'll probably do fine. I don't know enough about the mobile processors to say how good/bad that one is, but you have plenty of memory and good hard drive space, plus the DVD burner will allow for easy bcakup or transfering of data.

Woosy
08-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Your friend must of just had bad luck quillan, my flatmate uses her for her professional 3dfx job. Going all around the world, and she will tell you her Alienware is a godsend.

Not only is it powerful for her work but games it smacks the cobwebs off anything, it has 2x 7900 in SLI, put it this way her Laptop in every game we've tried on highest, easily beats my modest pc on medium without breaking a sweat in terms of fps. lol, It's comparable to her 3700 dual core PC, laptops arn't slow.

If you're a male user you're not mean't to have the laptop on your lap anyways, the heat can make you impotent over time, dunno if thats a good or bad thing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif But for me the heat off my normal laptop is fine, Alienwares is too hot almost 100c burning. I never use that thing on my lap but on a desk, only thing thats bad about that Alienware laptop.