PDA

View Full Version : My 3 cents on AC2

Justin-x
10-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Note: This is not a rant or bashing thread. These are just three things that I am concerned and wondering about in AC2. Fell free to comment on these too, tell me if you agree on these things or if I'm just loco http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Home and Decortating: This one I dont hate its just a little odd in my mind. You can buy a building to act as safe-house for your plans,ok thats cool but then you can also gain property profit and decorate it. I thought assassins were supposed to have safe houses to keep low not decorate it and have a tea party there. But like I said this isnt that bad to me its just odd http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Economic System flaws: Now I know everything has its flaws, I'm just wondering about money glitches or purchase bugs. Too many times have people taken advangate of a buying system in order to find cheats and unintended shortcuts. I only just hope that they might be able point these flaws out.

Missions Consistency: Basically the only thing I have to say about this is the consistency of types of missions. My only rant is if more missions appear more than others, like if a protecting mission has double more chance than a assassinating mission. I know ubisoft probably has a something worked out so that all of the types of missions each have a chance but I still wonder about it.

BTW everybody Happy Halloween http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Justin-x
10-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Note: This is not a rant or bashing thread. These are just three things that I am concerned and wondering about in AC2. Fell free to comment on these too, tell me if you agree on these things or if I'm just loco http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Home and Decortating: This one I dont hate its just a little odd in my mind. You can buy a building to act as safe-house for your plans,ok thats cool but then you can also gain property profit and decorate it. I thought assassins were supposed to have safe houses to keep low not decorate it and have a tea party there. But like I said this isnt that bad to me its just odd http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Economic System flaws: Now I know everything has its flaws, I'm just wondering about money glitches or purchase bugs. Too many times have people taken advangate of a buying system in order to find cheats and unintended shortcuts. I only just hope that they might be able point these flaws out.

Missions Consistency: Basically the only thing I have to say about this is the consistency of types of missions. My only rant is if more missions appear more than others, like if a protecting mission has double more chance than a assassinating mission. I know ubisoft probably has a something worked out so that all of the types of missions each have a chance but I still wonder about it.

BTW everybody Happy Halloween http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

caswallawn_2k7
10-31-2009, 05:34 PM
on the house and decorating, in the first game they had a massive castle in a village and no1 in that village seemed to know they were assassins, so having a decorated building isn't really a problem. you have to remember Ezio is from a wealthy family so for him to keep his cover he will be better off keeping his house in line with his wealth.

as for economic system flaw's it's a single player game what another player does doesn't affect you so if there is a bug just don't use it.

as for the missions you don't just have to stick to the main story so you can go off and pick the types of mission you want to do and who you want to work for.

Tetsou88
10-31-2009, 09:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin-x:
Home and Decortating: This one I dont hate its just a little odd in my mind. You can buy a building to act as safe-house for your plans,ok thats cool but then you can also gain property profit and decorate it. I thought assassins were supposed to have safe houses to keep low not decorate it and have a tea party there. But like I said this isnt that bad to me its just odd http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You don't buy the building, you're given a Villa with a small town around it. Also its not like you'll have a huge sign saying "Assassin Lives here". Think of Bruce Wayne and the Wayne manor. Bruce Wayne is rich, has a nice Mansion, and runs a business, no one suspects him of secretly being Batman. Ezio is like the brutal Batman of the 15th Century.

Also you're not given a profit from the actual "safe house" but from the small town that surrounds it. The main thing about being an assassin is the fact they do it in spare time, just like Giovani, Ezio's father, who was a banker for his regular job, and an assassin as a side job.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Economic System flaws: Now I know everything has its flaws, I'm just wondering about money glitches or purchase bugs. Too many times have people taken advangate of a buying system in order to find cheats and unintended shortcuts. I only just hope that they might be able point these flaws out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I don't get what you're saying here. Are you hoping there aren't flaws, or are you hoping that if there are flaws they point them out? And if its the later are you hoping they point them out so you can take advantage of them or so you can avoid them?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm pretty sure there are some mission types will happen more often than others, but I doubt they'll happen back to back. Although Assassination type of missions will be seen fewer than the other missions, just because the other missions set up the assassination missions.

Phobos14
10-31-2009, 10:49 PM
If you do some research on the original assassins youll find that they had large castles and that people within the area were aware that they were assassins...

source: Secret Societies of the Middle Ages: The Assassins, the Templars & the Secret Tribunals of Westphalia by Thomas Keightly

keepth3beat
11-01-2009, 04:19 AM
Yeah, it seems kind of ridiculous to complain about the possibility of someone, somewhere in the world using a cheat to get more money in Assassin's Creed 2. It's not as though you lose anything from it if they do, and it's not as though that money has any actual value in anything other than the AC world.

In the case of the marketplace on Live By the Creed, I can understand why people are touchy about the florins on the site and the people who submit more than once to gain them, but I think it takes honestly a little *too* far to not nudge a few things in your favor in a harmless environment.

As to the villa, I'm agreeing with the Batman comparison. And really, you're able to decorate the villa as much or as little as you like. I'm guessing that the less you invest in it, the less money you make back, so it's all just a matter of how much you want to make.