PDA

View Full Version : Frame rate help plz

mcpolle1
06-18-2005, 06:56 AM
Hi guys,

I am still pretty new here, and have just checked my frame rate for PF stand alone, and I have a beautifull 20fps, now even I know that this is not good, so the question on my mind is how do I get more???

Have a P4 2.8 ghz, 512 DDR Ram, am getting a new graphic card next month as what I have now is a 5200 nvidea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thx

Polle

arcadeace
06-18-2005, 07:15 AM
I'd say another 512megs of ram is a must. Your new vid card should easily make it enjoyable.

Try posting in Tech.

fabianfred
06-18-2005, 07:19 AM
i have to tell you, i think all this framerate stuff is cobblers...

I started with il2 three years ago on my P4 1.5 ghz/512 Ram/ nvidia basic without any problems...

after FB which they said would be more hard on a system I got an AMD Athlon XP 2200+ (1800mhz.)/1 gig Ram/ Nvidia Geforce MX 440 128mb... again no problems

for PF upped to 1.5 gig Ram otherwise same system ... no problems

I have never seen the Perfect settings that they all rave about, but I still consider my view as very nice and good detail.... excellent all, except medium clouds

with 4.1 I have been testing the new Cactus Diary campaign for Bird Brain... with up to 69 a/c flying.... new clouds.... lots of ground objects and eye candy.... no stutter

I think most people's problems stem from them having got a good system to enable them to see the Perfect graphics... but then being unwilling to give them up for mere Excellent when things get busy....

In my opinion the hardware is not out there YET which will run PF in Perfect with all we want going on and in the detail we want ..... forget BOB for the moment

just enjoy excellent, and leave the Perfect for making movies

Low_Flyer_MkII
06-18-2005, 07:37 AM
I've always wondered how many FPS the human eye can handle - daresay somebody will let us know...

Recon_609IAP
06-18-2005, 07:38 AM
some of the issue is hosts using the new clouds - that will take a significant hit for those with lower/mid systems.

NonWonderDog
06-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Low_Flyer_MkII:
I've always wondered how many FPS the human eye can handle - daresay somebody will let us know...

About 72 in your peripheral vision, ~60 straight ahead.

Practically, it's very hard to tell the difference if it's over 35.

Low_Flyer_MkII
06-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Thank you - it's one of those things that have been bugging me for a while.